Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just starting out and have got a couple of questions... page

Pudpud is offline Member

Just starting out and have got a couple of questions...

Shop Now
    Is it all or nothing? I mean i'm doing my best but it's REALLY hard to totally avoid all grains! I'm eating some dairy, quite a few nuts, sweet potato, meat, fish, fruit. Also the occasional bite of grainy things, i.e. baby's left overs, or an emergency snack bar when out. Will these slips prevent me succeeding in burning fat? Is it back to square one everytime?

thanks for reading.....

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Well, how much can you dilute gasoline with camel pee and the car will still run? Will it run well?

The biggest thing though, even at low levels grains are ghouls for appetite increases, so cutting them out in the 'all' way is the fastest track to happiness. Throw away baby leftovers. Baby is full. You don't need them. Throwing food away is liberating. Nobody needs emergency cereal bar. Go for an emergency boiled egg or sardines. Honestly, if you are not gonna eat a boiled egg, you are not hungry and do not need a snack.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It IS all or nothing at the beginning, I find, or you never make it past beginning. Those little bits of grain keep you in a bad place. You may not be as sensitive to grains as many, but you will never know until you are off them completely for a few months.

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    For me, it was all or nothing.

I spun my wheels for a while doing the 50-50, then 80-20, then 90-10. Those times that I cheat will send me right back to where I started, regardless of how small the cheats were.

Until I owned the concept of "I'm doing this for my own health", the little naughty voice that keeps telling me to have a little bite of pizza always won. To own that concept, I had to be a hard ass to myself for a long time.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    And why are you giving your baby grains, if you aren't eating them?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    It's not all or nothing for a lot of people. Easing into it can work. It's more about your personality and relationship with food that determines how it works. 1/2 primal will be a lot healthier than 0 primal.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comma is offline Senior Member
    I'm with tfarny. A bite of baby food aint going to harm you, either. You may notice (as did I) that you commit more and more to it with time. (like when baby takes all the energy out of you and you don't have any to spare on grains.)

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    I started off being paleo just on weekdays. As I learnt more about the benefits and noticed the changes in health and body fat, I dropped one more day and then went full paleo. Spend some time looking at recipes as I found doing the same meals too often made it feel like a diet and made it hard to progress. Now it's normal and I eat different meals every week.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I have to admit... there was only one occasion ever when I was tempted to put a bite of baby food in my mouth.
    EWWWWWW.
    Those few bites that the baby doesn't finish are going to hurt anything by being tossed in the trash.

After that I understood all the spitting out that most babies do, and started feeding the kid real food cooked soft so he could chew it.
    Seriously.

There are better options than snack bars when out... like fresh fruit. A banana or apple...
    Also... how long has it been since the last meal when you NEED this snack bar?
    You should not really need to be eating frequently once you cut out the processed stuff and grains.
    If you NEED a snack 2-3 hours after a meal... eat a bigger meal with more protein/fat to keep your appetite in check longer so that you don't feel the need for snacky things.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hi Pudpud!

I don't know if you are going to do this fast or slow, but at sometime you WILL need to go strict Primal - if for no other reason than to see what kind of an effect it has on your health.

Many folks all over the forum were surprised by the positive health changes when they dropped the milk / beans / whatever.

You can always add it back in later - after you get strong, lean, and healthy without it. Then your HEALTHY body will tell you if it wants these things still - or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast