Thread: I feel stuck page

mwillett is offline Junior Member

I feel stuck

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone. I've been eating primal for not quite 21 days yet and I'm frustrated. I feel great and I'm totally over any sort of carb craving I thought I would be having. I was sure I wouldn't be able to give up diet coke and Cheetos but I have and I feel great for it....except i'm not loosing weight. I know it's only been 18 days or something but my husband is shedding pounds and feeling great and i'm just bummed. It's hard to not feel discouraged today. I've been working so hard to keep our house full of healthy food and get the kids to stop complaining about dinner and try new things. And it feels like a waste of effort.

I'm going to go read some success stories and try to get re-inspired. I hope you all are having a great day and that your primal adventure is all you hoped it would be. See you around the forums.

Mel

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    it seems pretty common that men and women lose weight at different rates...don't let that discourage you. don't let your weight discourage you either. weight is a horrible measure of health. take some actual measurements and check them again in a month--that's a great motivator.
    i know it's early, and you probably want to weight yourself, but don't. hide your scale in the back of some closet or in a trash can and don't weight yourself until you've been at this a while. you will probably lose weight being primal, but that's not what it's really about. primal is about correcting your health...which is never a wasted effort.

success stories are great, but i find that if you really want to feel better, do a few sprints or bang out a killer exercise like some heavy squats or deadlifts. even if you can't do much right now, set a goal for yourself and every step toward that goal will feel amazing.

Rosencrantz1 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Are you incorporating ALL the Primal lifestyle changes - sleep, slow movement, stress reduction, play, LHT, etc.? What you eat is important, obviously, but it's definitely not the only piece of the puzzle. HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH, not WEIGHT WEIGHT WEIGHT.

Also, remember, that everyone trying to lose weight is *really* trying to improve their body composition (ratio of lean mass to body fat). Even if for a lot of people it's FAR more about fat-reduction than muscle-growth, still, for everyone, we are talking about body recomp. Thinking about it that way may help you focus less on WEIGHT and more on FAT LOSS + MUSCLE GAIN

Also, give yourself a break; it took you years of eating a certain way to get to your starting point and you aren't going to turn that around 100% in 21 days.

Hang in there and focus on your health!
    “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery