Hey, I've been doing the Primal since summer 2011, but that was very sporadic and on and off. However, since February 2012, I've been doing it with much high consistency, usually lasting 4 out of 7 days a week on the diet, then kind of completely cheating on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. At this rate, I clearly was not GAINING weight, but I certainly was not losing any.

Fast forward to today, about 4 months of doing Primal every week, though not perfectly, as stated above.

My question is about watermelon. Obviously, I do not expect to have become a fat-burning beast having cheated like a slob 3 out of 7 days a week (eating sugary products and grains on such a consistent level probably continued my dependence on them). However, one thing I noticed in those 4-5 days out of the week (monday-thursday, or monday - Friday) where I WOULD stick STRICTLY to the diet, is that I would eat LARGE quantities of watermelon just out of an impulse for something sugary. Watermelon, when picked ripe, can have a VERY sweet, sugary taste. I would find myself just gulping down piece after piece after piece, and in my mind I would justify it and say, "well, it's a fruit, so it can't be that bad." On an intuitive level, I think I overate on watermelon, and have been doing so for months now ( I buy one large watermelon every week, and consume it all usually by the 3rd or 4th day).

In fact, the watermelon has become like my primary snack food throughout the day.

I'm pretty sure this is screwing me over, because the watermelon is like a dose of sugar that appeases my initial cravings after a workout.

Any insights on watermelon and whether or not, because it's a fruit, it is not so bad despite tasting very sugary?