Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Henlow, England page

Piskie is offline Junior Member

Hello from Henlow, England

Shop Now
    Hi all

I'm newly-joined and looking around.

I have read the book, although I need to put more of it into practice and I need to learn (and understand) lots more. Intermittent Fasting is where I want to explore now and I'm pretty sure this is a safe place to have a go

I am more cave-woman than carb-woman, which is really my natural eating of choice but I do succumb, at odd times, to a fresh home-baked loaf of bread. Ideally I wouldn't make it but hubby is of the 'a bit of everything' is fine attitude.

Oh yes, the other tripper-up is red wine

Bratch is offline Member
    I also want to learn more about Intermittent Fasting. Good luck..

Bratch

44 Male 5'9"
    Start 276
    Presently 248
    1st Goal 200
    Ultimate goal 180.

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Hello Piskie. If your gonna have a drink then red wine is the best way to go

Good luck to you too Bratch

Hampshire, Gary! I lived there for a few years - loved it so much. Friday is red wine day

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piskie View Post
    Oh yes, the other tripper-up is red wine
    As I wanted and still do want, to lose weight, I count calories to make sure that I don't indulge too much. I fully understand that the numbers are only an approximation but they are a reasonable guide. My indulgences are medicinal dark chocolate every day and red wine three days a week. I just add them into my calorie mix and I am consistently losing a pound or more per week. I chose that amount because I do love my food and I honestly believe that losing weight should be slow and steady rather than fast and erratic.

I started HIT strength training yesterday and my shoulders ache a bit this morning. I will probably try intermittent fasting when I am totally sure that I am burning fat and not sugar etc. Mind you, I am finding that even though I get hungry, I do not get "starving" before meals as I used to.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

I'm still cloudy on the 'burning fat or sugar' issue

kiltgirl is offline Junior Member
    Hi Piskie, love your profile pic

Have had a bottle of wine this week, (over 2 nights) and some 85% choc, i don't think any eating plan is sustainable if you can't have the odd treat here and there, is nice to know that red wine is ok to have on PB...

there's a post by Mark Sisson about fat/sugar burning on his daily blog "What does it mean to be fat-adapted"...am still finding my way round this site and like you still need to clarify a few things...still slightly worried about having a heart attack from the amount of fat i'm eating!

thanks for replying to my first post too, am a bit of a gobby-but-shy one so is all a bit tentative until i get my confidence, after that i'll probably get really annoying with the amount of posts i'll be doing

happy days

Definitely not annoying me - nor can I imagine you will! For a self-confessed newbie to fora you are very easy to interact with

\o/ for the new Brit Birds

kiltgirl is offline Junior Member
    \o/ too, we could start a mini mexican wave

How are you getting on with PB?

My girl went to her dad's yesterday for the weekend and i felt i deserved a treat so got a bottle of red...normally i can only drink half but last night i finished if off...and then have a huge craving for garlic bread...so chopped up loads of garlic in a huge dollop of (organic) butter and got 2 rounds of those warburtons sandwich pockets (my girl is going to have something different for lunch on monday lol)......it was so delicious but then freaked out a bit about it...

got some good advice from the guys on the nutrition forum though...is all a learning curve isn't it, back to clean eating today...

got some liver in the fridge as it was cheap and full of protein but not sure i can deal with it when i have a hangover lol!

what food do you have planned for the day? I'm a nosey neighbour

rhiarti is offline Member
    o/ <--British wave!

Hi Piskie!
    Went primal for the weight loss, stayed for the quality of life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast