Hi all

My name is Sooz and I'm from NE England.

A little bit of background, was a normal sized kid and my weight shot up as soon as I hit puberty. I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 22 and prescribed metformin on that diagnosis. I was told come back for fertility treatment when your BMI is 30. This has led to bingeing as we have been ttc for almost 8 years and I feel a failure as a woman.

I hit my heaviest weight yet at the beginning of June and felt something has to be done. My partner and I are getting married in July next year and I don't want to embarrass him and me in front of friends we haven't seen in a while by looking like a beached whale.

I began my primal journey on 21st June with a weight of 310lb (I am 5'9 with broad shoulders) Other than being obviously unfit I don't have any major health problems.

I weighed and measured today after 2 weeks and am now 302lb which is an 8lb loss in 2 weeks. I am massively chuffed by this. I have also lost measurement-wise 1.5 inches from my hips, 2 inches from my chest and 5 inches from my waist. This is where my question is. Is that possible? 5 whole inches from my waist in 2 weeks? I keep thinking I must have measured wrong when I started.

Anyway hello to everyone. I have been reading bits and pieces from around the forum for the past couple of weeks and wanted to thank everyone for the helpful advice and motivation.

Sooz