Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was told to bring chips and dip~um, OK~ page

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member

I was told to bring chips and dip~um, OK~

Shop Now
    101_1278.jpg
    From the looks on their faces that was not quite what they were expecting!! But hello remember I don't eat conventional store bought stuff? So here is some pastured all natural Bacon chips with some fresh from the garden pico de gallo!

They disappeared along with my little h`ordervs mini deviled eggs on a bacon 'spoon'

101_1280.jpg

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    The attachments aren't going to show up in my lifetime, but it sounds good!

I had a long walk today and drooled over all the bbq smells. Wish someone had invited me to a 4th of July function!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Ya...I hate how you can't attach stuff without it taking days to get approved. Usually, I've passed on to other threads by then.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Sounds yummy! I was assigned a dessert. ugghh. So I made homemade yogurt and whipped topping, folded together and layered with strawberries and blueberries, for a red, white & blueberry parfait. I took some dark chocolate to shave on top for those that wanted. I meant to take some pecan meal and almonds but forgot.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Bacon chips and pico de gallo and mini deviled eggs with bacon probably made you a rock star. LOL. And the red white and blue dessert sounds great.

As a baker, I'd always be peeved at pot lucks when I'd get assigned salad and the "dessert" person would bring some crappy store bought cookies or worse yet, angel food cake (store bought) and fat free cool whip.

Oh dear- the memories of the vegetarian pot luck- the whole pizzas, bagsof whole wheat bagels, packages of oreos....

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Recipe for bacon chips PLEASE???

MShelby is offline Junior Member
    Yeah I second the above request... Bacon chips with Pico sounds effing awesome.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    As a baker, I'd always be peeved at pot lucks when I'd get assigned salad and the "dessert" person would bring some crappy store bought cookies or worse yet, angel food cake (store bought) and fat free cool whip.
    i love to bake too and am quite good at it. somebody the other day brought a 4th of july "trifle": she made duncan hines confetti cake, which has little pink and blue specks of god-knows-what in the batter, layered that with sugar-free jello vanilla pudding and low-fat cool whip. holy lab food, batman. she kept telling everybody how "healthy" it was.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

jesssa is offline Member
    omg, noodletoy, that actually sounds revolting
    it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

at just the right time, we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    she kept telling everybody how "healthy" it was.
    I'm fighting the urge to let out an immense moan of frustration and dismay. Ughh.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast