Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 KB swing challenge in 10 or 30 days page 7

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by EvRevFit View Post
    Got my 1,000 done for today. I'm still 100 short from yesterday. That'll be remedied tomorrow. I'm finding that every day is getting easier now...especially now that I'm being more consistent with my foam rolling.
    EvRevFit, how long do you usually foam roll for and what muscles have you been concentrating on? After doing these kettlebell swings I find my hamstrings, lower back and chest are extremely sore.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krzyskillz67 View Post
    EvRevFit, how long do you usually foam roll for and what muscles have you been concentrating on? After doing these kettlebell swings I find my hamstrings, lower back and chest are extremely sore.
    I focus the most on my hamstrings and glutes/piriformis (deep muscle to the glutes). I roll my lower back a bit, but I'm finding that the harder I contract and stabilize my abdominal complex the less stress there is on the back.

Where in your chest are you feeling it, and when do you feel it most?
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

I focus the most on my hamstrings and glutes/piriformis (deep muscle to the glutes). I roll my lower back a bit, but I'm finding that the harder I contract and stabilize my abdominal complex the less stress there is on the back.

Where in your chest are you feeling it, and when do you feel it most?
    I feel it in my pecks and I feel it the most when I'm at the end of the swing where the KB is between my legs.

JRuined is offline Junior Member
    Got ambitious and did 1400 swings with the 24kg.
    6x100 (50 reps per side)
    16x50 (25 reps per side)

Took about an hour and a half. The last 400 made me weep sickly man tears.

Puts me ahead of the game at 3 days with 3800 swings in which is good since I have judo practice tomorrow. DOMS imminent which is bad.

Time to soak hands and whimper.

edit: Just realized I'm out of corn huskers lotion.

I feel it in my pecks and I feel it the most when I'm at the end of the swing where the KB is between my legs.
    Are you keeping your shoulders back and your chest out at the end range? It may just be tightness in your chest.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Yeah I'm doing that.

Yeah I'm doing that.
    Unfortunately I can't do a full assessment online, but it sounds like you have a good amount of tightness in your pecs (and by good amount I mean way too much). Do you feel the muscles between your shoulder blades working hard when you do your swings?

Based on what you've told me I'd say you should try to spend some extra time foam rolling and stretching your pecs. Your lats probably need some attention too. See if that clears it up!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    All I have to say, you guys are studs....
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Unfortunately I can't do a full assessment online, but it sounds like you have a good amount of tightness in your pecs (and by good amount I mean way too much). Do you feel the muscles between your shoulder blades working hard when you do your swings?

Based on what you've told me I'd say you should try to spend some extra time foam rolling and stretching your pecs. Your lats probably need some attention too. See if that clears it up!
    I think you were right about the tightness. I spent extra time rolling out my chest and it feels amazing now.

Got 300 swings this morning, going for another 300 later today!

JRuined is offline Junior Member
    So I'm 4 days in. Finished 1200 today. Figured I'd bring my count up to an even 5000, since my daughter is sick, and when she gets sick I tend to. So if I lose a day I won't be behind.

Did the breathing ladders doing one handed swings with the 24kg. Figured I'd do so since I blasted myself yesterday. I'm surprised I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I would be.I feel like I'm adapting pretty well. I think the best part about doing this much volume is I'm picking up on my weak points in the swing and since working on the breathing ladders is pretty methodical they are easy to correct.

Definitely glad I'm keeping up on the hand care. My main issue is practice tonight may be hellish, then again it always is.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast