Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 KB swing challenge in 10 or 30 days page 5

I just did 400 and all I can say is WOW! That was exhausting.

Are you guys doing this along with your regular workout routine? I follow leangains RPT, would this be overkill doing both?

ToddS is offline Junior Member
    Sorry the post actually came from James Heathers' blog. You can find the link in the live spill comments on T-Nation. 10000swings dot blogspot dot com /2012/04/day-2-3065.html

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    It is brutal...I think next time I will go for the 10,000 in 30 days and still do my regular workouts
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Just popping in to say I've been watching and congrats on getting at it fellas! Even though it seems insane it is not a bad idea to push the limits every once in a while. Just don't woos out! You can do it!

primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    Here is swing machine RKC Tracy Reifkind talking and doing 1000 rep swings. Just posted today.

Tracy Reifkind's Training Food and Thought: 1000 swing reps w/ 24kg

"If you searching an brutally effective fat loss and conditioning regimen, you have found it: Programming the Swing. I was so impressed with Tracy Reifkind's innovations that I am incorporating some them into the RKC curriculum."—Pavel Tsatsouline, Chief RKC Instructor

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    A little behind schedule. That's two-grand for the day. Today, was a busy day so I've been dropping set of 50/100 when I've had the opportunity.

Completed my two rest days. I'll throw a body-weight jam down tomorrow/later. See how we go with that. Will let ya'll know.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    I'm not recovering well right now (I haven't been sleeping well lately), so I'm going to only do my swings on weekdays. I'll try to catch up, but it may be a little longer than 10 days. Plus I had to help do photography for a 9-hour event and didn't get a chance to get ANY swings in today anyway...
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    @ToddS, I found the blog and it's proving very informative and useful. Thank you.

@EvRevFit, hope your situation resolves itself for the best and you're able to catch up. I don't know if you're following some of the protocols on the 10,000 swings blog, but I'm finding it very useful; having just now, a little late, discovered.

I've managed to crank out 831 swings today and have to stop to get my day started the right way. I have adopted the laddered breathing techniques, explicated on the blog. I'm finding it makes the whole process that much easier. Though, I'm a little unsure as to whether I'm following the protocols correctly. What I have done so far, for 331 swings, starting from 11, is do 11 swings while holding my breath then put the bell down and take 11 breaths, do 12 swings while holding my breath, put the bell down and take 12 breaths... then 13... then 14, etc., up to 20, then working back down to 11. I do this while adopting the method of only breathing through the nose. Does this sound OK? I wouldn't usually do/or advise swings while holding my breath.

I've not been able do incorporate my regular training as yet; have been getting a little pain in my shoulder when raising it above shoulder height. I minor pull, it seems.

Keep swinging!
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by pdjesson View Post
    @EvRevFit, hope your situation resolves itself for the best and you're able to catch up. I don't know if you're following some of the protocols on the 10,000 swings blog, but I'm finding it very useful; having just now, a little late, discovered.
    Thanks! As long as I give myself weekends to recover, I think I'll be able to avoid burnout. I'm not stopping my normal heavy lifting, so this solution will work the best for me. It just means I'll be doing this for 14 days, instead of 10. I'm going to try some of the protocols starting tomorrow, but because of my job and schedule, greasing the groove seems to work best time-wise.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Officially Day 3 for me. 700 swings in. After using this weekend to catch up on some much-needed rest, today seems half as difficult as Thursday, my Day 1. My hands are also toughening at an almost alarming rate .

I'm sure I'll be physically and mentally done by the end of the week, but after the weekend I'm expecting to come back like I did this time, only better!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast