Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 KB swing challenge in 10 or 30 days page 3

zilog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    One of the best aspects of kettlebell (and sandbag) training IMO is that it's so easy to take it with you and keep training effectively when you're out of town. So no excuses!!! ^^^

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Day 1
    300 swings before breakfast (rest will be done after work)
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Well done Primalclubber

Keep us posted fat belly frog and TorMag
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fat belly frog View Post
    TorMag I agree bloody nutter's.....

Yes I want to join but cant imagine doing a 1000 swings a day. I did 300 swings the other day and only half of those where with the 24kg KB and that was bloody hard.
    Progressions. I've been swinging the kettlebell for over 6 years. The first challenge is hitting 1000 swings. I got into the volume stuff a couple of years ago and I still have only done a timed 1000 (24kg) maybe a dozen times. When I do volume I use an interval timer like a Gymboss and set it something like a 30 sec on/ 15 sec rest interval, so I can focus on the swings and not the 30 or 40 or 50 mins I was going to be spending swinging. The first 1000 I got nasty blisters because I lacked the finger and grip strength, but it gets easier the more you do it and the stronger your hands get. Nowadays I can easily do 200-300 swings with my 24 kg without putting it down, and I've heard of guys who can do over 1000 without putting it down. I don't do the volume stuff as much today as my focus is on doubles work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Day 1
    300 swings before breakfast (rest will be done after work)
    Breaking it up during the day is good. During my 10000 swing challenge I did 5000 the first 10 days doing 1000s and 500s, but the last 20 days I had to break it up into smaller chunks because I mentally burned out of doing 1000s.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    You can get a free app for your smart phone for doing the timming. I use one called HIIT Intervals for the android. Works great. Anyone actually read the Bud Jefferies book? Saw they have it in electrronic form, thinking about getting it....
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    You can get a free app for your smart phone for doing the timming. I use one called HIIT Intervals for the android. Works great. Anyone actually read the Bud Jefferies book? Saw they have it in electrronic form, thinking about getting it....
    Interval Timer AD from Slide Me is also a good app. I've also used HIIT app.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    500 done. 500 more to go for today. It really isn't bad, it just bothers my blisters. I find I have to band-aid them, and tape them, replacing the tape every 150 or so swings. I'll dig up my fingerless cotton gloves later and give it a go with them...might make it better on my hands.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    I've got it and I've read it twice. I actually just started reading it for the third time.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    I do, just don't know where I would find the time to do 1000 a day in the next 10 days.... 30 days, I could find the time.... I guess the time is not too bad, just did the math. Let's say you could keep up a pace of 30 per minute, it would take 33.33 minutes to crank out 1000, I suspect that at least for me, pace would fall off as I go, so probably take around 45 to 60 minutes. The other problem is I am out of town a couple of days this week, think the missus would frown on me taking the kettlebell on our 25th anniversary trip..... Though, I could tell her that the 25th is the "Iron Anniversary", think she would buy it?
    Thanks, TorMag, for doing the math for me. This has shown me that I have the time to do this. Do I have the inclination? I do! Do I have balls-of-steel?
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast