Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 10,000 KB swing challenge in 10 or 30 days page 10

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    First things first; Steve Cotter, I salute you, Sir!

OK, I got another 1448 done, this brings me to a grand total of 8858 (a little disappointing, but hopefully some lesson have been learned (eg., not to overlook swings in training)) I didn't achieve the target objective due to a mixture of not monitoring my progress, procrastination and four children (one having just learned to crawl and not understanding the dangers of approaching flying KBs with a little, soft head.) My feeling is that it is possible to complete the challenge while continuing one's regular (or restricted) workout. Unfortunately, a shoulder injury early in the piece prevented me from doing so, on a constant basis.

I occasionally do the 'helicopter-swings' that Cotter was performing, albeit, standing with my feet set.

Perhaps, Fedorenko's Kettlebell Pentathlon should be the next challenge?

It's been a blast! Cheers, chaps.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

JRuined is offline Junior Member
    i may miss the deadline i have set thanks to an altercation I found myself in last night. Pretty sure I broke a knuckle. Going to try taping and see how it goes. Frustrating to say the least.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    I've never done KB exercises before. What would you guys recommend for someone that is just starting out? Any good websites out there? I work out quite a bit and want to add these movements. Do you guys supplement KB exercise with other lifting? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

@TTBlue I just started out with the swing and the turkish getup. I did them along side your basic 3 lifts of bp, deadlift, and squat and made good gains in strength and conditioning. At this point my routines are almost entirely kettlebells supplemented by heavy deads, but I change routine depending on my needs and what interests me. So during any three month section of time I could be concentrating on body weight work, kettlebells exclusively, or heavy lifts. However I am always swinging a kettlebell no matter what I'm doing.

Just learn the swing and it'll open up a whole new area for you to explore.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. I'm researching these now. Really want to start adding some of these movements in...

This looks pretty good for basic movements.
    24 Kettlebell Exercises - YouTube

This Steve Cotter guy seems like an animal at this.
    Kettlebell Basics with Steve Cotter - YouTube
    Last edited by TTBlue21; 07-17-2012 at 06:44 AM.

1000 down. Need to make up 2400 between today and tomorrow to make my goal. I did it in 16 1 arm breathing ladders of 10 so I could monitor my knuckle which held up pretty well after taping it. Finished with 5 sets of 50. Going to do another 700 over the course of the day.

Probably going to do a 10 minute round of 50 swings/10 sec rest just to make me want to vomit a little and bang out a large block of that 700 quickly. Dental appointment first though.

@TTBlue Yeah Cotter is the man. Check out the vid TorMag put up a few pages back.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    9,000 officially down. Final 1,000 going down tomorrow! Then I'll be taking a break from swings until next week and go back to my straight buildup phase with the 16kg and PR like there's no tomorrow!
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Pushed through 1500 and finished. Hands hate me. Hamstrings hate me. CNS hates me. Good day.

Going to do some light work for the rest of the week. Dunno what, but if anyone has suggestions hit me up please.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of CNS...mine seems to be recovering freakishly fast. Each day I feel more recovered than the day before, even though I did the same amount of swings both days. Sweet. 500 in today. Last 500 going down tonight. Let the adaptations continue.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well done boys, great effort

Ive managed about 1000 swings over the same period. Did it end up been more of a mental challange than a physical and can you see significant gains?

cheers
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast