Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suddenly I feel sluggish and really hungry all the time? page 2

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If you are doing weight lifting you need more carbohydrate. Weight lifting depletes muscle glycogen. If you're just an average person who does a little walking or bike commuting and a 40-minute session of calisthenics twice a week, carbs may not be all that important because such moderate efforts can be sustained with fat burning.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Jorjor is offline Member
    lol no carbs? well there ya go. Eat some sweet potatoes and/or berries. Nothing wrong with carbs.
    Last edited by Jorjor; 07-05-2012 at 09:57 AM.

TTBlue21 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    If you are doing weight lifting you need more carbohydrate. Weight lifting depletes muscle glycogen. If you're just an average person who does a little walking or bike commuting and a 40-minute session of calisthenics twice a week, carbs may not be all that important because such moderate efforts can be sustained with fat burning.
    I lift 5 times a week, do cardio about 3 and am active with volleyball and softball. I am really trying to find the "right" amount of carbs via fruits/veggies. I am messing around with various amounts of higher sugar fruits: apples, bananas, raisins, oranges, etc. I haven't eaten any bread, oats, etc. in almost two weeks and am fine. I just don't want to overdo the fruits as I want don't want to rely on these high sugar fruits....there seems to be a lot of tweaking required based upon activity.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TTBlue21 View Post
    I lift 5 times a week, do cardio about 3 and am active with volleyball and softball. I am really trying to find the "right" amount of carbs via fruits/veggies. I am messing around with various amounts of higher sugar fruits: apples, bananas, raisins, oranges, etc. I haven't eaten any bread, oats, etc. in almost two weeks and am fine. I just don't want to overdo the fruits as I want don't want to rely on these high sugar fruits....there seems to be a lot of tweaking required based upon activity.
    Eat some good carbs.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Woops, jumped to a wrong thread. Please, ignore!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12