Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women- extreme body changes overnight? page

Imogen is offline Senior Member

Women- extreme body changes overnight?

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone else here ever experienced this:

My youngest child is almost 2 yrs old, and this is the second experience I have had postpartum. A month ago, I had two days of having pain all over my body, and during the two nights before this, my body literally shrunk 5 inches from my waist, 3 iinches from my ribcage, and four inches from my hips and butt respectively. I had a hard time breathing for a few days while I adjusted to the sudden reduction in internal space. Last night, I awoke feeling like my torso was going to explode, sweated profusely for about ten minutes after passing out from the pain in my torso, and this morning, I have lost another 1.5 inches from my ribcage.

My body measurements are not one inch above what they were ten years ago before I became pregnant with my first child (I have had five now).

Anyway, I've never heard of this before my own experiences. I know my measurements because I make my own clothing. Also, I checked because in the first instance, I stood up from bed and my pants and undies fell to my ankles... lol. And I presently have a pile of clothing that needs alteration.

My man works overnights and days (two full-time jobs), and it completely freaks him out when he comes home to a significantly transformed woman. In a good way, of course.

I've been eating very strict paleo for 19 months, without cheating (I have a low tolerance for even natural sugars, and my cravings tend to be for meat and fat anyway).

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    I want what she's having....

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I want what she's having....
    I'm in.

But could it be the other way round like gaining inches of muscle overnight ? I want it to be painful
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Imogen is offline Senior Member
    Lol. It's totally awesome, even though very strange and painful, but I wondered if this sort of thing happens amongst people who eat paleo. I haven't heard of anyone having this experience before either. I thought that maybe this more closely resembles how women can return to pre-pregnancy size with proper nutrition, but I take a while to change, and then do it all at once, or in several events. I'm certainly not complaining! Just wondering.

After the pregnancy before this one, I had the same thing happen, but I was also eating a traditional European diet- lots of meat and fat, but I also ate soaked grain and milk, which I stopped 19 months ago.

The three pregnancies before that, I was undernourished and this didn't happen at all. I just gradually got back to approximately the same weight, but my bones didn't go back all the way, so I still couldn't wear my old jeans, for instance, and now, I am wearing jeans from ten years ago, and they fit properly, too. No squeezing or squishy fat. But mostly the change is in my bone structure, not so much in fat.

Maybe I'm from a different planet. Lol.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    This is not normal......... there are serious illnesses that can cause this to happen. Go to the doctor ASAP.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Wow. But I would go straight to my GP.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    This is not normal......... there are serious illnesses that can cause this to happen. Go to the doctor ASAP.
    This^^^. And it is not caused by paleo/primal eating.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Please see a doctor this doesnt sound at all a normal body response to eating paleo/primal.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    I think I've had good weight loss success on primal, but what you are describing seems to be something else entirely. Get to the GP!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    seems to be unanamous.......... go to the doctor!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast