Thread: Too little B1, too much B12? page

abstract is offline Junior Member

Too little B1, too much B12?

So, my recent blood screen came out pretty good. HDL = 67, LDL = 120, Trigs = 49.

However, my B1 was low at 80. The range is 87-280. Anyone else had this problem? I've started supplementing w/ 100 mg a day. This isn't totally surprising because B1 was the only that has been low when I track on cron-o-meter. What should I add foodwise?

Also, my B12 is 1361, which is above the range of 200-1100. I don't think there's a known upper limit to B12 but just wondering, is this too high?

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstract View Post
    So, my recent blood screen came out pretty good. HDL = 67, LDL = 120, Trigs = 49.

However, my B1 was low at 80. The range is 87-280. Anyone else had this problem? I've started supplementing w/ 100 mg a day. This isn't totally surprising because B1 was the only that has been low when I track on cron-o-meter. What should I add foodwise?

Also, my B12 is 1361, which is above the range of 200-1100. I don't think there's a known upper limit to B12 but just wondering, is this too high?
    Pork chops man (ribs). Less than half a pound and you have more than enough B1

abstract is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Pork chops man (ribs). Less than half a pound and you have more than enough B1
    Ok, I'll try that. Thanks.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Are you supplementing with B12?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html