Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need something to satisfy my sweet tooth (help me with "cups") page 2

MissusN is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Really simple and foolproof, but sooo delicious: take a handful of strawberries or raspberries or both and squash them up a bit in a bowl with a fork. Add a splurge of cream an stir a bit until its all pink from the berry juice. Heavenly. Good to combine with dark chocolate also!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Coconut manna does the trick for me.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Try my no-cheat chocolatey goodness muffin. It's great and just banana, egg, nut butter and cocoa. Recipe and pic here
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vb66 View Post
    A frozen banana that is sliced up always does the trick for me!
    And sprinkled w cinnamon or cocoa powder! Does it for me as well!!!!

jsa23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    I am trying to master the American cup system. Does anyone know a good website or system of conversion. It takes me ages to convert everything and then cook?
    Cooking conversion online.

The above website will convert U.S to metric numbers, volumes to weights, etc.

If you don't want to pull up that website every time, I'd recommend taking the conversion factors there, and then rounding them to a number that's a nice approximation - for instance if you use 250 mL instead of 236 mL = 1 cup, it makes the calculation much easier, and it's probably not enough to make a big difference in most recipes. If there's not a nice round number that's close, you may not be able to do this for every number.
    Last edited by jsa23; 07-06-2012 at 07:06 PM.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    You can get a popsicle mold set and make your own frozen treats. If you add fat to the blender (either coconut milk, an avocado or both), plus fruit (any berries, mashed banana, mango, melon etc) and a tsp of honey if desired, your popsicles will have a really nice frozen creamy consistancy. Cocoa or spices can also be added. Then pour into popsicle molds and freeze. Like this: Primal Popsicles The Cavewoman Cafe

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Our simplest dessert is frozen fruit in a processor whipped into sorbet cosistancy with a little stevia to sweeten more.

Thanks for the mention of my primal Popsicles Marthat. I just made a batch the other day. So yummy. My new favorite is strawberry lime. Toss a bunch of strawberries in the blender with lime juice and zest, a can of coconut milk and a few drops of stevia or a wee bit of honey and freeze in your popsicle molds. On the fourth of July I made coconut ice cream by heating up in a sauce pan, two cans of coconut milk, 2 cups of toasted unsweetened dried coconut and a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of honey (that's 85 to 170 grams) a tablespoon of pure vanilla extract (that I make) and either pour in freezer molds or freeze in the ice cream maker. It was a huge hit at the party with fruit.

sispo is offline Junior Member
    Smart Ways to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
    t's easy to satisfy your sweet tooth. Unhealthy snacks, fat laden candy, chips and other high cholesterol and low nutritional valued food can be found around every corner. It's no wonder there's a rather high percentage rate of Americans who are obese. Heart disease, cancers and other human diseases are taking a toll on the population.
    human diseases are taking a toll on the population..
    More at : Tooth Numbering: Smart Ways to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    To OP: I have a measuring cup with both "cup" and metric marks. I don't think you should have problems finding one in Germany ?

Anyway, if you want interesting recipes, you can try those by Maria Emmerich. I tried her chocolate golden flaxseed muffin recipe, and used xylitol as the sweetener. My kids really enjoyed them but I am not a big fan of flex seeds ... it was for the fun of trying something "weird". Being in Germany, you may have access to Sukrin and relatives, a stevia / erythritol based sweetener. It is really good for baking or sweetening yogurt. You can of course use honey as well, nothing wrong with that, but I don't know whether you keep some sugar addiction with it. What I know is that xylitol and sukrin do not, I rarely bake something sweet (last time was .... months ago!).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast