Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: run times page

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member

run times

Shop Now
    Looking for some primal run times. 1.5 mile or 3 mile.

i believe thats 2.4k or 5k.

How fast do you run it? and how often do you run it?

thx

zilog is offline Senior Member
    I run 5k once a week (most weeks), always off-road. My last run (moderately rough field, approx 300ft elevation) was 27:22. I consider myself of above-average fitness although I'm very much a novice runner. I don't run at "race-pace" though (i.e. I'm not completely spent when I've finished) because I'm not experienced enough yet to pace myself properly if I try to run as fast as I can.

My current goal is to get under 25mins which I think I might be able to achieve on a flatter/smoother field - there is a suitable sports field near where I live so I'm planning to give that a go early on Saturday morning (I'll let you know how I get on!). In my (limited) experience though pacing & technique is as important as fitness if you want to improve your time.
    Last edited by zilog; 07-04-2012 at 03:24 AM.

fat belly frog is offline Senior Member
    I am currently running a very slow pace at a 6 min per km pace (10.8mins per mile) Last run 10 days ago was 36mins for 6kms pretty flat run over grass, sand tracks and pavement, some slight hill work. Goal is to get to a 5 min/km. Doing lots of high intensity intervals to try and get there.

I consider myself unfit.... Or a least that's how I feel. Trying to run once per week in prep for a short coarse adventure race.

Hope that helps. Cheers FBF
    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    my last timed race was right around 28 minutes, for half road/half trail, decent hills and in the rain. i usually run about an 8 minute mile for my regular runs, but i'm sort of hoping to be able to do a sub 20 5k by this fall.

trippplez is offline Member
    5K - 22:30
    10K - around 48 min

I've stopped running 1.5 month ago (the weather became too hot, a running partner too sloppy and smoking ), switched to bodyweight exercises.

otzi Guest
    Been running since May 1st. Started out running 2 miles twice a week. Got it down to 15 minutes. For the past month, and until Winter, I'm doing it a little different.

Once per week: Light jog/fast walk first 1/2 mile. Run a full mile (6-7 minutes). Walk/sprint last 1/2 mile. This takes about 20-25 minutes and feels like a much better workout than just running.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    i've just started running again. I did 3 miles this morning in 27 mins, I'm not built like a runner and I'm about 25lbs above target weight. I'm happy with that
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    Looking for some primal run times. 1.5 mile or 3 mile.

i believe thats 2.4k or 5k.

How fast do you run it? and how often do you run it?

thx

My 5K PR is 19:48, working on crushing it this year.

trippplez is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what's your running plan? I would guess it's not some 'stock' running plan from the popular running websites and magazine, especially considering your stunning time for 5K.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    That's more like it. I run it anywhere from 18:14 to 21:00. That was last year when I ran it 2-3 times a week. This summer will be 1 time a week according to primal. We ll see what that's like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast