Thread: What to eat when you're sick? page

mfmisc Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

After a weekend of eating some grains and sugar, I got sick with a cold/stomach bug. (surprise, surprise) The only thing that goes down easy is crackers, bread... etc. Is this setting back my recovery time, or should I just eat what settles my stomach (i.e. grains). Are there any primal foods that go down easy? Should I just start eating primal once I feel better?

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Have some kind of broth. Its also good time to do a fast.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I posted almost the exact same thing a couple weeks ago. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tle-my-stomach lots of good suggestions there.
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

LabRat Guest

I second broth. It's nourishing and usually goes down fine on an iffy stomach. If you can tolerate them I'd also throw some eggs in there for extra nutrient. My fallback when I'm sick is a chicken broth with egg and parmesan cheese.

Graeme is offline Junior Member

Definitely fast until your symptoms disappear

http://primalworkouts.wordpress.com/

Adam Steer Guest

I have to echo the fasting suggestions. Experimenting on myself, I've been able to beat colds and flu in 2-3 days that have plagued people around me for 2 weeks or more.