Thread: Day 8 Paleo and can't believe the results ! page

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member

Day 8 Paleo and can't believe the results !

Shop Now
    Hi, everyone: Day 8 Paleo (after the long weekend), and couldn't wait to get on the scales at work.

Height: 5:10
    Starting Weight: 161 km

Day 8 Height: Still 5'10" !!! (hahaha)
    Current weight: 155.5 km

I have never felt better. In week 1, I walked to work 3 x (12km) and lifted weights 1 x.

I am sticking strictly to the programme and feel unbelievable energy, great sleeping patterns, and no cravings.

I have always eaten clean, but since going Palao, I have dropped sugar, wheat and dairy.

Today, I visited my neighbourhood health food store to p/u my Coconut milk and Coconut oil. What a treat it was to have raspberries and blueberries in a bit of Coconut milk --- better than cheesecake.

Also, I've been craving fish and fish oils and sardines. I visited my fish store and tonight I BBQ's fresh sardines on the BBQ with sweet potatoes and swiss chard.

I'm a believer -- can't believe how amazing I feel!

Stripes79 is offline Junior Member
    That's great. Keep it up!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I'm not wanting to be a downer for you, but be aware that most of the initial weight loss is 'water weight', and that subsequent weight loss is likely to be much more gradual.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Prima[L] Facie is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I'm not wanting to be a downer for you, but be aware that most of the initial weight loss is 'water weight', and that subsequent weight loss is likely to be much more gradual.
    If you start a post with that..it means you're going to be a downer. How about a big CONGRATS LOUISA655!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! But do remember that weight loss will slow down as in the beginning you are losing water weight Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks, Prima Facie. I'm committed and never been a short-term athlete. So, happy to have some immediate wins, but will be in it for the long run.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Looking good. Why did you choose to try paleo/primal?
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

You are right: You are a downer.

Cheers,
    louisa

I'm cool with that. Im patient and am here for life.

Good question. I've been an ultra athlete my whole life, with some impressive results. I'm recently married and began an intensive 2-year Master's programme. Now that I'm nearing the end of my Master's, I need to re-ignite with getting fit. I have added 10lbs, and need to lose and re-started a fitness programme. So, that's why I'm here. Looking forward to discussion, and sharing values. Thanks for your email. Louisa

PaleoPenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I gained one pound the first week then it was a 1 or 2 pound loss every week after that.
    50 year old Male
    Current Weight: 195