Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: alternative to cheerios for baby page

docpearce is offline Member

alternative to cheerios for baby

Primal Fuel
    Our 10 month old just got her first taste of grains with cheerios. She goes crazy for them. Hoping to find a paleolithic alternative. She just doesn't get that excited for peas and carrots. Any suggestions

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    A good alternative to crack is no crack. Back to the peas and carrots and all the bounty of mother nature blenderized as appropriate for her eating ability.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Chopped bananas, strawberries, sweet potatoes, zucchini, squash... And serve her peas and carrots several times. Don't give up. She'll learn to love em.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Your 10 Month old buys it's own stuff? Wow I am impressed und humbled.
    Hmm and i would also get addicted to sweet stuff when i am young and helpless.
    I would also recomend berrys or bananas or app0les.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Ten months....? I know not all mothers can breast feed, but if you can I wouldn't be weaning yet.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried giving her a bone with some meat on it? My son loved gnawing on the bones from rack of lamb.

Rosencrantz1 is online now Member
    We have a two-year-old; we let her do cheerios for snacks for a while, and as she learned to eat more variety, we just took them out of her diet. Her snacks now are raisins (although not too many), nuts, some nut butter, and mashed fruit. She is a good veggie eater, and doesn't seem to miss grains in her diet. We do do a little "family sushi" so she gets rice once in a while, but that's pretty much it at this point. And we've never done anything with added sugar with her (no juice, no candy, no baked goods, etc.).

We figured a lot of us come to grain-less eating much, much later in life, and when she started eating cheerios we were far more interested in her getting enough calories every day, and in her developing some autonomy in being able to grab and eat them herself (out of a bowl, I mean, not off the shelf/out of the box).
    “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Beefy is offline Member
    My wife used to get super special treats as a child known as "pea candy"... Yes, frozen peas. Pretty popular with our kids.
    Last edited by Beefy; 07-04-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    My wife used to get super special treats as a child known as "pea candy" when she was a child.... Yes, frozen peas. Pretty popular with our kids.
    Yeah, one of my kids liked that too. My currently two year old went straight form breast milk to ground beef though....go figure. We actually cook burgers and mix in some liver....then break it up into pieces in a zip lock bag. Great snack
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-03-2012 at 03:44 PM.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    My wife used to get super special treats as a child known as "pea candy" when she was a child.... Yes, frozen peas. Pretty popular with our kids.
    My kids like this too.

If they hurt their hand, or whatever, we give them half a cup of frozen peas to cool it down, which inevitably get eaten.

To the OP: keep up with the boring food. The manta we had with our first was '20 yucks to 1 yum'.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast