Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, no. Health Care passes. Glad I'm Primal. page 2

Athena is offline Senior Member

Stabby is offline Senior Member

That poor little girl! She will either be eaten or sat on! Or sat on and then eaten.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Stabby when she delivered her little girl via C-section it took a team of 30 medical professionals to get her out... I'm imagining a lot of cutting through layers and layers of fat, and having to have people hold the "fat flaps" aside so that someone can dive in and rescue the infant...

Can you imagine what the cost of that was?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

That lady is just one more of the millions and millions of Monsanto victims....

If our numbers grow large enough and we as individuals grow healthy enough, perhaps we can have enough clout to start phasing out the grain and soy subsidies, and start moving that money to grassfed and free range meat and poultry.

If the public keep eating the low fat processed junk, there's no way we as a country can possibly afford to treat everyone, even with the most efficient and fairest system in the world, which we are far from having.

At least some of the insurance industry stranglehold has been shaken a little.

I've had no insurance since I came back from Canada in 1980, and I intend to have no insurance till Medicare kicks in for me next year. And once I have Medicare I hope and will work never ever to make a claim.

tamo42 is offline Senior Member

Seriously. When I found out the House passed the bill I turned to my fiancee and said, "Well, we'll have to plan on not getting sick."

http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

Tamo, it's not like "health insurance" can keep you healthy. All it does it pay some of your bills when you get sick. And these days it's less and less likely to get anything but the most trivial treatments paid for, no matter how long you've carried insurance or how many thousands of dollars you've paid in premiums.

It has seemed to me for quite awhile that many standard practices in medicine, like prescribing statins, are very ill-advised. That people should go bankrupt and lose their houses paying premiums to companies which try as hard as they can not to deliver on big medical bills --- and many of the treatments are probably not even a good idea!

The sooner we move away from this medical terrorism (SHELL OUT or you DIE!) the better.

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

Big deal. Yet another "law" I won't obey.

Kryz is offline Junior Member

People don't only go to hospitals and clinics for illness. It's been a long time since I've had to see a doctor for feeling sick (and when I did get really sick there was always a connection to allergens and the environment I was living in, rather than just feeling crummy from eating healthy by CW standards). But accidents happen. People get hurt, and people will need care.

justinsmith354 Guest

Hi there...this is my day 3 of primal. I've ate a pork steak on Saturday, with some nuts. Yesterday I had an omelet with ham and bacon, and the same this morning. Yesterday I didn't even get the urge to eat again after breakfast, and hopefully the same today. I take that back, I had a strawberry or 2 yesterday afternoon for Sh*ts and Giggles. Feel free to help me out on the above to let me know if I'm doing right or wrong!

Anywho, this health care bill is the reason I started doing this. I was doing P90x for about 8 weeks before I read TPB. I hate to sound like whack job, but I have lost all faith in our GOVT. It's amazing now to look at the GOVT food recommendations, combine that with health care and insurance company profits, it's like they WANT us to be sick. And why not? Keep people sick and tired, and what can they do? Immobilize them with $7.00 gas, and then what?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge player one way or the other politically, but I’d just assume do my part in fighting the CW and staying healthy, mobile, and strong (which hopefully I’m doing right, still waiting on what you say about the initial 3 days of effort above). It wouldn’t surprise me to start seeing those who follow TPB or some similar lifestyles being “fined” or have raised insurance rates for not following CW. Scary thought.

jacsuza is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Did anyone catch Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution on ABC last night? While he's (obviously) not primal, he had a lot of good critiques during the show. For example, the school lunch is supposed to have "2 breads". The cafeteria pizza measured up, but his pasta only counted as one bread -- and he even questioned why the kids needed two breads. He also seemed taken aback when he learned that the school menus came under the control of the USDA.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast