Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bone Broth page

JennaRose is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Bone Broth

Shop Now
    I'm incredibly disappointed in my taste buds for how they are reacting to the bone broth I made. After hearing most of you go on about how tasty bone broth is, and reading how great it is for you, I made some from beef bones.

I've tried it twice, but it just feels so greasy in my mouth after I swallow a bit. I tried adding some egg ala egg drop soup, but that didn't make it any better.

How do I eat my bone broth? I want all of the benefits it has, I want to like it! But for now....it's a little repulsive :'(

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    It tastes neutral to me. I freeze it and use a cube or two every day in my pottage.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

FrankiG is offline Member
    After you made it, did you put it in the refrigerator overnight so the fat would rise to the top and congeal and could be taken off (and used for cooking)? That still leaves good fat in it but not nearly so greasy in the mouth.
    Teacher and Homeschooler
    One husband of 9 years,
    Two kids (6 & 3)
    Pregnant with #3, due this summer

Going primal resolved my anxiety symptoms!!!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    x2, always scrape off the fat unless you're into it. I am.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankiG View Post
    After you made it, did you put it in the refrigerator overnight so the fat would rise to the top and congeal
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by FrankiG View Post
    and could be taken off (and used for cooking)?
    nope! problem solved lol!

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I use lamb stock/broth for cooking my veggies in, a good size slab of it complete with small soft bones, but I couldn't sit down and eat the stuff. Use it as a base!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Don't throw away that fat though. At least if you're using pastured ruminant bones to make the broth. That would be like eating egg whites and throwing away yolks, e.g. a sacrilege.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I don't much like the bone broth, either. I have a new favorite though that I suspect is just as good: oxtails. Oh my, so good. There's this bit of gelatin at the ends of the bones that is so tasty. I cooked my oxtails in the crock pot with a tomato-based sauce. I thought it was really tasty. And with all the connective tissue, cartilage and other bone goodness, plus some actual meat, it's like bone broth only better.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I much prefer chicken stock to beef stock. I don't skim the fat, add a little tarragon, lots of sea salt, some celery and carrots and it is delicious!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    the best broth i had had been full of bone and skin... and an entire neck... completely entire, inside and out. disgusting to watch cook. and some salt sprinkled in

deeleesheeusss

but yeah, i chill it and scoop off the fat for the dogs
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast