Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bone Broth page 2

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Duck and lamb bones taste okay.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    the best broth i had had been full of bone and skin... and an entire neck... completely entire, inside and out. disgusting to watch cook. and some salt sprinkled in
    That's how its traditionally made. My mom makes her own stock and I used to sit down to a big pile of chicken neck and wing bones and veggies with salt for dinner. It was fabulous.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i didn't even want to save it or use it for soup, i just drank it straight
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    I tried to drink it like some of the zealots around here, but find that it is best used as an ingredient in whatever I'm cooking. I constantly keep it on hand due to the shit ingredients in even organic beef stock, but I don't just man up and eat it like a soup. I use it in chili, or as a liquid base for crock pot cooking, etc..
    Last edited by tcb; 07-06-2012 at 07:15 AM.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I do cook it down a bit after 72 hours to make it more concentrated, richer and I salt each individual serving to taste. I, too, use it in cooking, soups, everything needing stock, and drink a cup a day as a 'supplement'. I may not adore it, but I know it's good for me and the flavor is the best following this recipe How to Make "Brown" Beef Bone StockPaleo Spirit

I remove the thick slab of yellowy fat and use it for cooking (there's still plenty of fat in it). I thought that layer of hard fat was tallow - is that what it's called?

Where do you store it when you're done?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    my mouth

neh, either glass lidded jars or cool it off and pour it into a large plastic container
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Glass containers. Some in the fridge and some in the freezer. If in the fridge I tend to leave the fat on 'til I use it (I use within a week). If I freeze I leave 1/4 of the jar free, remove the fat layer, put a bit of wax or parchment paper on the top and keep the lid loose for a couple hours until it freezes THEN tighten the lids.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    I tried to drink it like some of the zealots around here, but find that it is best used as an ingredient in whatever I'm cooking. I constantly keep it on hand due to the shit ingredients in even organic beef stock, but I don't just man up and eat it like a soup. I use it in chili, or as a liquid base for crock pot cooking, etc..
    Yeah - having a bowl of homemade soup is real radical behavior.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

plastic is offline Junior Member
    add some tomato paste...gives it a bit more depth, and a touch of sweetness

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast