Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Did you finally give up beer? page 7

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    gonna be down at the brewpub next week. i can't wait. gluten free can kiss my ass! i hope they have something interesting on tap. like maybe johnny cask. and i will be stockpiling the peanut butter vodka to take home with me
    We're about and hour and a half from Rehoboth, but try to make it a point to go to DF when we're in the area. Went for my birthday on July 6. I like their Festina Peche, their pale ales, Lawnmower. I have a bottle of their Jin, but none of their vodkas. Love their beers, but I find their food choices a little thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    You are in NJ I see so which brewpub are you hitting? Always looking for the good ones!
    Dogfish Head in Rehoboth DE. Have you tried Stewart's Brewing Company in Bear, DE?

And, not a brewpub, but Two Stones Pub in Newark and another opening up in North Wilmington has interesting food and a 4 page beer menu, 2 of which are on tap beers.
    Last edited by Lynna; 08-09-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    You are in NJ I see so which brewpub are you hitting? Always looking for the good ones!
    dogfish. rehoboth

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    We're about and hour and a half from Rehoboth, but try to make it a point to go to DF when we're in the area. Went for my birthday on July 6. I like their Festina Peche, their pale ales, Lawnmower. I have a bottle of their Jin, but none of their vodkas. Love their beers, but I find their food choices a little thin.
    my buddy has a beach house in bethany, so we go every year for a week. we usually head up to rehoboth once or twice to hit the brewpub. i'm a huge dogfish fan, so it has to be done. for the most part, their entire line of beers is excellent. and their brewpub exclusives are typically unbelieveable. the menu is decent. last year we went twice for dinner. i ate the raison d'etre braised short ribs one night and the 60 minute ipa battered fish and chips another night. the short ribs were excellent. the fish was decent.

their spirits are quite excellent. the jin and rum are very well done, and they do about 10 flavored vodkas. the peanut butter is definitely the fan favorite. i just sip it on ice

and sorry, no. i've never been to stewarts brewing company. isn't bear near wilmington?

my buddy has a beach house in bethany, so we go every year for a week. we usually head up to rehoboth once or twice to hit the brewpub. i'm a huge dogfish fan, so it has to be done. for the most part, their entire line of beers is excellent. and their brewpub exclusives are typically unbelieveable. the menu is decent. last year we went twice for dinner. i ate the raison d'etre braised short ribs one night and the 60 minute ipa battered fish and chips another night. the short ribs were excellent. the fish was decent.

their spirits are quite excellent. the jin and rum are very well done, and they do about 10 flavored vodkas. the peanut butter is definitely the fan favorite. i just sip it on ice

and sorry, no. i've never been to stewarts brewing company. isn't bear near wilmington?
    Bear is southwest of Wilmington by 10/15 miles. Stewart's is in the Governors Square shopping center at the intesection of Rtes 40 and 7. Here's their website Stewart's Brewing Company

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Sober over 2 years. Drinking a couple of fifths a week on top of a case of beer started to take its toll. I do miss certain social aspects of drinking, but I don't miss the hangovers, drama or booze gut!!!
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MShelby View Post
    For Bourbon lovers I strongly suggest Booker's Bourbon. I love this stuff, and even at 127 Proof a bottle does not last long at my house.
    I can't remember if I've had Booker's, but I've heard good things about it. Just scored some fancy-schmancy 23-year Van Winkle that we haven't opened yet. I've had ordinary Pappy's before, but this is supposed to be something else.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Bear is southwest of Wilmington by 10/15 miles. Stewart's is in the Governors Square shopping center at the intesection of Rtes 40 and 7. Here's their website Stewart's Brewing Company
    looks like a decent place with a heck of a beer selection. how's the food? maybe if we need an andventure we'll take a drive up there one day. thanks. can you buy their stuff in bottles anywhere?

unfortunately, we'll be passing through the area bright and early on our way down (too early for a brewpub) and actually won't be going by on our way home. after a week in bethany, we're taking the ferry over to cape may to extend our vacation for a few more days
    Last edited by not on the rug; 08-09-2012 at 01:05 PM.

looks like a decent place with a heck of a beer selection. how's the food? maybe if we need an andventure we'll take a drive up there one day. thanks. can you buy their stuff in bottles anywhere?

unfortunately, we'll be passing through the area bright and early on our way down (too early for a brewpub) and actually won't be going by on our way home. after a week in bethany, we're taking the ferry over to cape may to extend our vacation for a few more days
    Their food is okay although im a bit bummed that they took steak off of their regular menu. Half price burgers are on tuesdays and they're pretty good. I like their Sesame Ahi Tuna and get it often for my meal. They do not bottle their beer, but you can get growlers at the restaurant. Which really doesn't help much if you can't get there.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Their food is okay although im a bit bummed that they took steak off of their regular menu. Half price burgers are on tuesdays and they're pretty good. I like their Sesame Ahi Tuna and get it often for my meal. They do not bottle their beer, but you can get growlers at the restaurant. Which really doesn't help much if you can't get there.
    maybe we will take a drive up there, have lunch and fill a growler or two. just to do something different. if i do, i'll let you know what i think.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast