Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Did you finally give up beer? page 6

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love beer, but did finally give it up. Occasionally I will have a gluten free brand, but that's it. I mainly drink wine now. Sometimes I will have some rum if I feel like making a coconut based drink.

JesseJe is offline Member
    Yeah I've been doing the paleo diet / lifestyle for 5 days now and last night I caved and had a whole bunch of beer. I feel all flabby now Back on track today! And definitely have to cut out the beer if I want to see weight loss results.. and not feel like a lawnmower is plowing through my insides the next day

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    With wine and single malts allowed as luxury items, I can just about manage without a good pint of ale.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

MShelby is offline Junior Member
    For Bourbon lovers I strongly suggest Booker's Bourbon. I love this stuff, and even at 127 Proof a bottle does not last long at my house.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I used to love beer on hot summer days and lived in a state that loves its microbreweries. Moved to a city where it's 20% higher in price plus an almost 10% sales tax. I've probably had 8 beers in 16 months. Guess I didn't love beer enough to pay the area penalty for it.

Spirits, on the other hand, are quite reasonable here. I like Herradura and Lunazul silver tequilas for cold shots. Cheap vodka when I'm making "adult fruit smoothies" for the neighborfolks.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Will not give up beer. Tried Dogfish Head's gluten free and didn't like it. My bourbon of choice is Maker's Mark.

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    It is over a 100 degrees here all week. But no beer for me. Single malt on rocks. Yum! In the winter, it is cognac neat. Double yum!

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Will not give up beer. Tried Dogfish Head's gluten free and didn't like it. My bourbon of choice is Maker's Mark.
    gonna be down at the brewpub next week. i can't wait. gluten free can kiss my ass! i hope they have something interesting on tap. like maybe johnny cask. and i will be stockpiling the peanut butter vodka to take home with me

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Yeah that one was lackluster. Now many of the other DFH offerings are quite the opposite!!

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    gonna be down at the brewpub next week. i can't wait. gluten free can kiss my ass! i hope they have something interesting on tap. like maybe johnny cask. and i will be stockpiling the peanut butter vodka to take home with me
    You are in NJ I see so which brewpub are you hitting? Always looking for the good ones!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast