Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you finally give up beer? page 5

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Buy American! Drink Bourbon! Besides if we don't, we won't have any barrels to sell to the Scots, so they can make theirs.

Tercio
    Urghhh. Bourbon tastes like cordial. Laphroig is good. As are Macallans and Lagavullin

I have 3 or 4 beers a year now. Sometimes it just feels right to have one. Used to have one with dinner most evenings. Drink red wine now
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

ssye894 is offline Junior Member
    aha it is interesting!

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Now it's mostly red wine and the occasional whiskey. Pendelton over ice:-)
    I thought Pendelton did blankets ? <confused Brit>

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Funny. I love bourbon and think all scotch tastes like iodine. You can have our old barrels though. : )
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Used to love Guinness, but it makes me physically sick know, stopped drinking it long before I went primal because of this, bummer really as I used to love a pint of the black stuff!! Whiskey has always done that to me as well!
    Now just stick to cider, and rough cider preferably, and a red wine now and again!

stumprrp is offline Member
    I have to call everyone out on this because i read it too often. Do you really think 1 or even 2 beers a WEEK is going to affect you health wise at all? Seriously, if you enjoy beer freaking have one. Everyone on these boards made great life changes and should be proud, but cmon now, you only live once! I know I had 2 beers yesterday for the 4th, yes TWO! AND i had dessert! Will i sweat it and stress and go absolutely crazy like i used to? Nope. Ill just go back to fasting breakfast and having a BAS for lunch, and some meat for dinner. No big deal. Move on.

homebrewer over here too.. no way i'll ever give up beer. then again, my definition of beer is either something i made or some of the finer microbrews from all over the country. i don't drink miller/coors/bud etc...

lagavulin is a great scotch, but around $80 a bottle. definitely worth every penny though.

i also enjoy cognacs. always have and always will

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Giving up beer is easy around here; it's mostly 3.2.

Which means that if one wants a worthwhile beer, she'll have to make it to the liquor store within the minuscule frame of time that it's allowed to be open and buy her piss warm beer. Then stick it in the freezer if she has any aspirations to actually drink the beer sometime today. And hopefully not drink too much wine or bourbon in the meanwhile and forget about the beer and have a beer-y mess to clean out of the freezer.
    Or go out and deal with all that ass-hattery.

I'm keeping my wine.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    I love good craft bee, Anderson Valley Summer Solstice, I drink about 2-3 beers one day a week, no problems what so ever, still loosing fat, but I'm 25 and I workout a lot.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Giving up beer is easy around here; it's mostly 3.2.

Which means that if one wants a worthwhile beer, she'll have to make it to the liquor store within the minuscule frame of time that it's allowed to be open and buy her piss warm beer. Then stick it in the freezer if she has any aspirations to actually drink the beer sometime today. And hopefully not drink too much wine or bourbon in the meanwhile and forget about the beer and have a beer-y mess to clean out of the freezer.
    Or go out and deal with all that ass-hattery.

I'm keeping my wine.
    Use the freezer to make ice-cubes before you buy the beer, put the (closed) beer-bottle somekind of container, poor in water and ice and then poor a load of salt over it. Easy way to get cold beer with just water and ice in a matter of minutes.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast