Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you finally give up beer? page 4

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JA
    note on vodka - try potato-based, not grain. Our fave is Koenig from Idaho. It actually tastes great as a sippin liquor ANd Buffalo Trace is a tasty bourbon for the price. We buy more of it now than we do scotch or whisky.
    For vodka I like Tito's Handmade from Texas, distilled 6 times so very smooth and clean. And if you like Buffalo Trace try Elmer T. Lee, named after Buffalo Trace's old master distiller. Awesome, and still very reasonable compared to scotch. For beer there are so many excellent beers now, my favorite is Black Butte Porter from Deschutes brewery. All these very much in moderation and only very occasionally. Life is too short to totally give them up.

Tercio

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    Did I give up beer? I just may. I have a very strong beer tooth...more than a sweet tooth. Haven't had any in a couple of weeks (wine/vodka instead) until last night. Let's just say I've started my day with 2 advil and a big bottle of kombucha. I don't weigh myself, but I take waist measurements -- I'm up a 1/2 inch this morning. I think that's enough to convince me that I need to give it up. I have suspected candida issues as well as gluten intolerance. But damn I love beer! I'm never gonna say never, but I think it's going to become the exception, not the rule. Like Tercio said above -- life it too short to totally give it up.

mitmo is offline Junior Member
    I just set as kind of a reward for the end of the week. Every Friday night I try a bottle of a microbrew that I have never had before, I only have one, and it is something to look forward to the whole week!

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I've skim read through and for the whisky lovers I have to say Laphroaig single Islay malt over Glenfiddich.

We had an unseasonal hot day here and I had an ice cold Peroni Nastro Azzurro Italian lager for the first time in months. The first swig was heavenly, the second swig just tasted so overpoweringly wheaty that my husband got the rest. Beer eww.

Years ago the French used to make tongue-furringly good robust wines of character. Now standard wines taste like alcoholic liquid jam and there's no difference between French and Australian. It messed with my blood glucose levels so I gave it up in January. I admit I may get tempted with a teeny glass of LBV port at Christmas.

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    I've skim read through and for the whisky lovers I have to say Laphroaig single Islay malt over Glenfiddich.
    Buy American! Drink Bourbon! Besides if we don't, we won't have any barrels to sell to the Scots, so they can make theirs.

Tercio

Digs is offline Junior Member
    chronyx
    Try Oban; it's one of the best.

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    I'm a Brit ! I've never had Bourbon but I've heard of Jack Daniels and Jim Beam.. in fact I have a Jim Beam tshirt from ASDA (Wal-Mart).

Sabre is offline Senior Member
    This, right now, is the first time since quitting it 8 months ago that I suddenly miss it.... I admit the taste of beer is great, but quitting it is one of the best things I've ever done for my health and fitness, and it's worth it.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Just tried gluten free sorghum beer made by (akkk) Anheuser Busch....don't bother. It tastes even worse than Budwieser. Should have know - same company! And its wimp ass 4. something % alcohol.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    been Primal for 2.5 years now, and was a big beer drinker. Don't really miss it now, and from time to time will have a stout or porter, or a Guinness. Now it's mostly red wine and the occasional whiskey. Pendelton over ice:-)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast