Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you finally give up beer? page 3

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    I guess it wasn't an issue for me, just stopped drinking.
    Me too. I still drink beer socially, but that's now more on the order of a bottle over couple of months.

I've replaced it with Chocolate as my vice
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    My Dad and I homebrew together and to be honest, beer doesn't even bother me a little bit. I'm in college, so I'm young and probably consume beer more often and in larger amounts than most of you do. Maybe my body is used to it? By college standards, I'm tame though. Usually two or three quality brews. If I actually want to get drunk I then switch to a drink that rhymes with frisky. I haven't had a drop of either since the beginning of May and feel no better or worse.

So to actually answer the OP: no I haven't given it up and no I don't plan to.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
    My Dad and I homebrew together and to be honest, beer doesn't even bother me a little bit. I'm in college, so I'm young and probably consume beer more often and in larger amounts than most of you do. Maybe my body is used to it? By college standards, I'm tame though. Usually two or three quality brews. If I actually want to get drunk I then switch to a drink that rhymes with frisky. I haven't had a drop of either since the beginning of May and feel no better or worse.

So to actually answer the OP: no I haven't given it up and no I don't plan to.
    IMO college is an absolute horrible time to even consider giving up booze. However, if your drinking the swill I did as a college fella then that is not actually beer....it is piss with alcohol added for flavor (Pabst, The Beast, Natty, and a couple others).

Dice Monkey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    No....I like good beer. I even brew some of my own on occasion. Beer is the pinnacle of humans fermentation experiments that began thousands of years ago. It is the nectar of the Gods and I refuse to believe any hack theory that says its bad for me
    +1
    "I did it for money and for a woman. I didn't get the money, and I didn't get the woman"

Stripes79 is offline Junior Member
    I tend to not have it in the house but will have some when I go out.

Mostly wine and vodka now, but I still down a frothy pitcher or two every now and then. Beer gives me such a happy drunk...

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Giving up beer is like.. giving up the main glue of our brotherhood.
    Just can't.. won't!
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Haven't, and probably never will. I cut back severely though. I'll have one or two nights a month where I have a couple...enough to feel good, and that's it. I also don't ever drink anything other than Guinness.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

I only drink Guinness and red wine now. And way less Guinness than I used to. According to my food diary I am drinking about half a pint a day but that's maybe 3 pints on a Sunday lunchtime skewing the week. At 30g carbs a pint I find it best avoided. Red wine is a far better proposition.

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Gave up beer and brewing beer about 3 months into paleo, I'm better without it but it really is my drink of choice. Spent most of last summer really drunk because I'm not used to drinking wine (or being low carb). I was recently in Portland/Seattle so went to Hopworks and Pikes and enjoyed the beer, will keep it for brewery crawling, high end, good stuff only.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast