Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's happening to my body?! page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

What's happening to my body?!

Shop Now
    Weird things are happening to me on the high fat diet. My legs are getting leaner, my rings are falling off me, all my muscles are becoming more defined, but I'm putting on weight... in my face!!! I saw myself in a photo today and I couldn't believe it. This is a first for me. I've heard that people's body composition can change... but seriously? Am I doomed to literally have a fat head?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    are you sure your face is getting bigger, or does it just look that way because the rest of you is getting smaller? if it's true, i wouldn't freak about it too much; your body is going through a transition, and things are going to be different for a little while. but, you lose body fat from everywhere, so it will disappear from your face as well.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    You are becoming a werewolf.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    are you sure your face is getting bigger, or does it just look that way because the rest of you is getting smaller?
    I've been thinner than I am now and the fat head has never been an issue...!

I'm not freaking out, but I also wouldn't say this is a good look for me

Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    You are becoming a werewolf.
    Good diagnosis but not enough hair. Now if you'd said "pig"...

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Have you eaten anything new/srtange or put anthing different on your skin? It seems against all logic to get leaner else where and fatter in another so wondering if it might be a reaction to something?
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

cantare is offline Senior Member
    First, make sure of what you're seeing. It doesn't make much intuitive sense that you'd drop fat on extremities & lose weight in general while depositing more fat in your face. I've had the same experience with rings, watches, and shoes becoming looser--but I've also slimmed down in the face and even lost 1/2-3/4" off my hat size!

OTOH, over the past year I've definitely noticed episodes of what I'd call facial bloating or puffiness that appear linked to specific foods or allergens -- like soy, cashews, some dairy, some sunscreens/lotions/soaps, or even high-dose niacin. You can obviously use food logs and elimination/rechallenge to ferret these out, if that's what's happening.

Or maybe you're just eating too much jerky and fibrous veg and have bulked up your jaw muscles with all the chewing!
    Last edited by cantare; 07-03-2012 at 01:18 PM.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Too much salami, chorizo, pepperami (You get the picture) bloats my face noticeably. To the point of someone at work asking "What the fck happened to you?!"

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cantare View Post
    r--but I've also slimmed down in the face and even lost 1/2-3/4" off my hat size!
    You know your hat size?!?!?!?! swweeet baby jebus, I barely remember my shoe size, I can't help feeling you must be the most well dressed person I have ever encountered
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Okay, bloating makes much more sense. I ate a heap of macadamia nuts last night, so it's probably the sodium content that did it (I noticed this happened before after other nut binges). Thanks for the input guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast