Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Talk me down from a terrible nutrition plan! page 4

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm guessing these ladies don't fare awesomely.
    Honestly- I don't know though- they may age very well.

I think as we age- we want to look young and taut. Of course, excess fat is not going to help that, but a heaping helping of what makes you unhappy with appearance is your skin losing elasticity. If I was at 20% body fat and very healthy, but unhappy with my body's appearance, I might go see a plastic surgeon before really restricting calories. Are you going to end up with a gaunt old looking face before you are happy with your thighs? Are you going to end up with no boobs before you have perfect abs?

I know its not primal or paleo. But I dunno- I showed an apartment to a fitness trainer in her late 30's last year. Slamming body for sure, but her face was gaunt, wrinkled and just looked old and her skin had a weird look to it. I think going too low on body fat after a certain age can really age you in a negative way and make you look very hard unless you have great genes.

The other downside- is you set yourself up to burn out. You get an injury? No exercise for a while. You deny yourself fat and foods- binge city. Then you get even fatter- maybe you go to 27 or 28% fat- then its even harder to lose.

I fully admit- I'm here doing primal to improve my appearance with not much interest in my health. But as you diet and work hard to look better...make sure you aren't robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Look at Kathy Smith. She has been popping out workout videos from the 1980's onward, and her latest releases are targeting the baby boomers. She is 60, has been in the industry 35 years.... When I think about my goal it is to be like her: she is not unhealthy-thin (she is surely not a 12% gal!) and has never been on any of her videos, but her fitness is apparent in her deltoids and the lack of sag. She has height at her side (5'9") but she had two kids...

Kathy Smith Lifestyles | Health and Fitness Information and Products
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

fatisyummy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    If I was at 20% body fat and very healthy, but unhappy with my body's appearance, I might go see a plastic surgeon before really restricting calories. Are you going to end up with a gaunt old looking face before you are happy with your thighs? Are you going to end up with no boobs before you have perfect abs?
    I did manage to lose a significant amount of weight a few years ago by basically starving myself on less than 1000 calories/day while being very active. The boobies were sad. I would probably just be happier tossing out the stupid cute size 0 clothes I bought, along with the unrealistic hopes of fitting into them again.

fatisyummy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Look at Kathy Smith. She has been popping out workout videos from the 1980's onward, and her latest releases are targeting the baby boomers. She is 60, has been in the industry 35 years.... When I think about my goal it is to be like her: she is not unhealthy-thin (she is surely not a 12% gal!) and has never been on any of her videos, but her fitness is apparent in her deltoids and the lack of sag. She has height at her side (5'9") but she had two kids...

Kathy Smith Lifestyles | Health and Fitness Information and Products
    She looks great!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234