Thread: Cnt seem to lose weight. page

merrique81 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I have been under a alot of stress and have had 3 periods in a 6 to 7 week time frame. I have been primal for 2 months and feel great until recently. i do not count calories but have lost a dress size and gained a few ponds but not fat. I just cant seem to lose anymore. Due to my stress or too many periods i do not know. I have also found it difficult with my hormones all out of whack tha i did cheat a couple of times come the weekends but get on track come the beggining of the week.I am going to try to decreas my meat intake some and increas my fat to see if i can make a difference in that area.I just need other minds to help me trouble shoot or even if others are having simular problems. i am 5'7 and a half and weight 217 and my body fat is around 42% my lean muscle mass is around 119 lbs. what percentage should i try as ratios to lose weight to jump start again. I am really interested in higher fat and lower protein to a degree.

Lillian is offline Member

Have you tried IF? A lot of people use that to break their weight plateaus and also Mark put up a very good article so there may be other reasons why: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/17-re...losing-weight/

Stabby is offline Senior Member

Stop stressing so much?

Okay so maybe it isn't always that easy. This may or may not be helpful but how are your micronutrients? We don't metabolize fat properly without sufficient micronutrients and many people aren't getting optimal amounts.

One reality check for me was magnesium. There are a whole whack of things that exacerbate a magnesium shortage and I'm convinced that we should get at least 600mg a day to compensate. I started taking some supplements and added some more with food and it made a huge difference on my stress and psychological well-being.

But every nutrient is important. That is the first thing I would make sure to do. Nutritionfacts.com is a good site for that.

That and make sure to be eating enough fat. Contrary to popular belief, protein is not the fat-loss good guy. Excess protein will have an impact (although much less than carbs) on insulin levels.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Stress can definitely play a role.

It would also be a good idea to drastically limit dairy or cut it out altogether.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member

The change in periods would concern me. Perhaps you need to go to a doctor and have some blood tests to see if you have any hormonal issues that need to be addressed. The stress probably isn't helping either.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member

I experienced amenorrhea for months-long stretches (up to 6 months once) due to stress and lipidophobia (I was under 20g fat daily, eek!) Things corrected themselves once I got over my fear of fat and kicked up my daily intake to 80g. (This was loooooong before I discovered PB.) Make sure you're getting enough protein (0.7g x pounds of weight) but don't eat it in great excess. Limit carbs and the rest of it should be fat (so around 60-70%).

merrique81 is offline Junior Member

I did some thinking of what I had been doing wrong. I went on fitday and calculated what I ate. I had been eating way too much protein. Never would of thought cutting it down by ay a quarter would help so much and throwing one sprint a week in as well has seem to make the weight just slide off this week. Now the periods I will have to keep track of and see. I tghink it has nothing to do with PB. The sirge of ungogly hormones every week just leaves me in tears in and a complete mess. Fitday was a real eye opener. I have just resd and reread and knew I was missing something. Thanks for all your help and advice. I love this website and enjoy all the commentaries I read.