Thread: Somewhere between nutrition and excercise ... page

JuliaKathryn is offline Junior Member

Somewhere between nutrition and excercise ...

Shop Now
    Hi, I have been eating proper primal for 8 days now, after an on and off of about 2 years. Beginning 6 months ago I also broke myself into going barefoot, walking and 'airborne shuffling' in barefoot shoes. No problems and an old problem in my sacral iliac joint has almost entirely subsided and my knees feel much better.

On Sunday I climbed a hill with my family and took a two hour walk. that night in bed the pain inmy legs and lower back was intense preventing sleep. last night my legs were better but my lower back was still sleep-inhibitingly painful.

my question is why? I transitioned weel to barefeet, by old aches and pains had gone, I've climbed many a hill and had many a walk or run in 'barefeet'. My second question: is it possible it is to do with the transition phase in my diet? as I transition from carb burning to fat burning? anyone got any answers?
    all best to everyone

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Any new movement is going to cause some pain. I have been walking and hiking for thousands and thousands of miles over the past few decades yet I can still get sore. If you are transitioning from high carb to low carb, read this. Even if you aren't going all that low carb, this info will still help:
    The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D. Tips & tricks for starting (or restarting) low-carb Pt II
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliaKathryn View Post
    Hi, I have been eating proper primal for 8 days now, after an on and off of about 2 years. Beginning 6 months ago I also broke myself into going barefoot, walking and 'airborne shuffling' in barefoot shoes. No problems and an old problem in my sacral iliac joint has almost entirely subsided and my knees feel much better.

On Sunday I climbed a hill with my family and took a two hour walk. that night in bed the pain inmy legs and lower back was intense preventing sleep. last night my legs were better but my lower back was still sleep-inhibitingly painful.

my question is why? I transitioned weel to barefeet, by old aches and pains had gone, I've climbed many a hill and had many a walk or run in 'barefeet'. My second question: is it possible it is to do with the transition phase in my diet? as I transition from carb burning to fat burning? anyone got any answers?
    all best to everyone
    Sometimes things just happen. Can be due to past injuries or current pressures. Please dont hate on me for saying just go to a chiropractor for an adjustment. Small joint dysfunction can cause huge pain. Usually one good adjustment does the trick in a case like this and you can sleep well the next night. Better than numbing up with some OTC or Jack Daniels (same difference). But in the end might you need some long term solution a good chiro can suggest some stabilization work.