Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the difference between lambs fry and lambs liver? page 2

avelin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    or one was older
    Evolutionary. Ideology that fits biology

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    In Australia, lamb's fry is the name we use for liver. no idea why. maybe they were both the liver, just from a different animal?
    I think this must be it.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Beef liver is maroon and calf liver is pale pink so maybe one was mutton liver and the other lamb liver but the butcher didn't want to use the word "mutton" so instead called the mutton "fry" and the lamb "liver". It seems that for Indian cuisine mutton and lamb are interchangeable words so maybe it is the same for others, too.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

VacillateWildly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Beef liver is maroon and calf liver is pale pink so maybe one was mutton liver and the other lamb liver but the butcher didn't want to use the word "mutton" so instead called the mutton "fry" and the lamb "liver". It seems that for Indian cuisine mutton and lamb are interchangeable words so maybe it is the same for others, too.
    Bingo! This must be it, one was very dark, the other pale like calf liver. You win the prize I reckon sbhikes.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The colour of liver varies significantly. I expect it has much to do with the diet of the beast, and perhaps its health as well. I see livers side by side at my butcher with the same label but different shades
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12