Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Mcdougall rips apart the paleo diet - your thoughts? page

Brent* is offline Senior Member

Dr. Mcdougall rips apart the paleo diet - your thoughts?

Primal Fuel
    I don't want to turn this into a vegan attack but am curious what your guys' thoughts are after reading this article from him bashing everything about the paleo diet

McDougall Newsletter: June 2012 - The Paleo Diet is Uncivilized (And Unhealthy and Untrue)

Is there a chance Mark Sisson would respond to this article? I know the 'starch solution' book has just been released by dr. Mcdougall.

also, this is a pretty interesting article as well:

Paleo Diet Review: Pros and Cons -- Natural Health Newsletter

I've always been curious about the consumption of meat and the acidic nature of it.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    my initial thought was 'who cares?'

upon reading, my thoughts morphed into 'this n=1 works for me, so who cares'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ok...but I care about learning what is the optimal diet and if there is research to disprove the paleo/primal diet I'm always curious what it is and what other people think of it.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Wow, lets just look at the first few lines:

"Low-carbohydrate (low-carb) diets are fueling the destruction of human health and our planet Earth." Maybe, and wrong on destroying the Earth.

“Low-carbohydrate” means a diet high in animal foods and low in plant foods." Hmmm...are we talking about Atkins or Paleo/Primal? Because I eat a ton of veggies.

"The original Atkins Diet is the ultimate in low-carb eating. This diet works by starving the human body of carbohydrates in order to induce a state of illness (ketosis), which can result in weight loss. People become too sick to eat too much." OK...Atkins /= Paleo. Yeah this guys is full of shit.

I stopped reading after about that point, because this is just a blast piece with zero scientific credibility.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

every diet in the world has studies that prove it's healthy and prove it's harmful, and not even counting the rest of the internet, there have been soooo manyyyy threads here about this very thing

group A will come by and say 'those writers got it totally wrong and here's why *lays out 15 different studies*'
    group B will swing around and say 'no they're right, excluding entire food groups is unhealthy and can lead to disordered eating *lays out 7 studies saying why*'
    group C, like me, will meander in and say 'how many times do you people want to have the same conversation when you're just gonna do what you want anyway?'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

wanderlust, my first group A-er

see?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Uncle Mark doesn't even need to dignify that article with a response. A high school student could tear it to pieces while nursing a hang over.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    wanderlust, my first group A-er

see?
    I think I feel into Group D: realized the article was a complete waste of effing time and said eff it!
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

so what are your thoughts about the studies he concluded that claimed that paleolithic people ate more starch and vegetable based foods?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    About as misleading as a Michael Moore documentary. He commits just about every logical fallacy out there.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast