Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are your 'ESSENTIAL' Vitamins & Supplements? page 3

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Alive! multivitamin (best one I've ever found, hands down), selenium (my body seems to use more than the average human, to the point that I hafta take OD amounts to function), vit D3 (wrong latitude for getting enough from sun), and experimenting with cod liver oil and trace minerals.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Multi
    Fish Oil (only on days when I'm not getting it from food)
    D3
    Biotin (for the first time in my life I can have long, natural manicure)
    Chelated Magnesium at night (helps me sleep very well)

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Vit D - 10,000 IU sublingual
    Krill oil - 1000mg
    melatonin - 1 to 2 mg sublingual
    ubiquinol - 50mg
    magnesuim - 400mg
    chlorella - 3-4 gelcaps
    b12 - 1000mcg sublingual

Most days, it's just the first 3 listed.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Vitamin D - dose varies (6k-10k) every other day, depending on how I feel, use a liquid dropper in my morning water/with first meal of the day, I have been very deficient in the past and work in an office.

Alive! multi for women - at NaiadKnight's recommendation, mostly for the trace minerals in it (like iodine and selenium) that are probably missing from my diet. I eat the best I can, but I don't eat a lot of varied foods because it gets too expensive. It may just be the way I'm seeing it/coincidence/timing, but overall, I've felt like my moods are more stable since I started taking it.

Candex - part of my anti-yeast protocol, as I'm still trying to starve off a yeast overgrowth that I've had since last Fall, at least.

L-Glutamine - hoping it will help heal my gut, I take about 4500mg once a day. I figure it can't hurt with my increased activity level too.

Ther-Biotic complete powder - An intense probiotic, taken at the recommendation of the doctor that diagnosed my yeast overgrowth. Seems to help regulate bowels and I feel more clear-headed when I take it consistently (once a day).

(Occasionally) Tryptophan - 500mg at a time, I take it when my moods are consistently low. It usually only takes a few days of dosing to get me back to my normal self. I used to take it/5-HTP every day, but no longer need to in order to feel good .

(Temporarily) Ferritin chelate - I can't remember the amount, maybe 28mg? Somewhere over the RDA. My levels were a bit low earlier this year, got better through supplementing, and got a little low again after I stopped taking them. Think this has to do with gut health/the yeast. I'll finish off the bottle I have now and re-test in the Winter.

(Thinking about) Magnesium citrate - I've read a little about how it can be helpful for women's menstrual cycles. I took magnesium chelate (I think?) earlier this year and had better periods than I have had for the past 3 cycles. Not sure if I want to bother with it again, but I'm willing to try anything.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    The only supplement I take is D3, and only if I haven't seen the sun for a while. All the rest of my vitamins and minerals I get by tracking my food consumption in cronometer and making sure I'm eating the right things so my vitamin levels are where I want them to be. If I seem to be not getting enough of a certain vitamin, I find a whole food that contains it and eat it.

I personally feel like taking vitamin supplements (especially something like gummy vitamins) is unnatural and a waste of money. My understanding is that your body can absorb vitamins much more easily from natural foods than from some concoction that was whipped up in a laboratory.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Vit D, magnesium, zink, cod liver oil and L-glutamine are the more common. I do sometimes make a whey-isolate shake, but not as a meal replacement.

I often forget to take all of them.

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    Liquid vit D3
    Magnesium
    Super enzymes
    Probiotics
    Omega 3

plastic is offline Junior Member
    D3 drops most days (relative to sun exposure)
    Magnesium at night (sleep better, more regular)

currently taking cod liver oil (carlsons), but trying to just eat more seafood and phase out oil

just started taking a K2 (K1, K2 as MK-4, MK-7) supplement to see if it improves my dental health, will evaluate after 3 months

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Mulit-B with C and E -- so basically a multi with B emphasis
    Biotin
    Fish Oil
    Tryptophan for mood
    D3

Three or four nights a week I pop some magnesium

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123