Thread: Banana Flour?? page

jammies is offline Senior Member

Banana Flour??

Shop Now
    I read something in a post today about someone using banana flour to bake. I have never heard of this - anyone here use it?

I don't do much primal baking and I don't eat nuts or other flours - but it would be great once in a while to make something. Maybe banana flour would be worth trying?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    i made primal pancakes this morning with just eggs and banana. so the banana was sorta like the flour lol

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Ha! I guess that would work. I've made those pancakes but with a little almond flour. Now that I don't eat nuts, it never occurred to me to just try it with the banana
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    I saw the same thing and did a little searching, and it isn't clear it is available in the US yet. However, this product look interesting: — Banana Flour | Wedo Gluten Free

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Banana flour comes from plantains. If you don't mind the carbs, it's as primal as can be.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Oh, it was probably my post you saw. To be honest, I have been searching around for the stuff for a while but haven't actually seen any in person. I have read about it, though, and thought it would be a better option for me personally than my second choice, potato flour (which is much easier to find). Because I know I process bananas easily and well, and I'm pretty sure bananas are more nutritious than white potatoes. (Though, how much of that nutrition carries over into the processed result is debatable)

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -