Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Minimus Vs. Vibram page

Cdmartin111 is offline Junior Member

Question Minimus Vs. Vibram

Primal Fuel
    I recently saw the video of Mark endorsing the Vibram five finger shoes, talking about how good they are for your feet and everything. I like the idea, but the five fingers are not really an option for me as they don't fit my toes quite right. So I was wondering how the New Balance Minimus stack up against the five fingers?

Thanks

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    I have both, there is a big difference.

Minimus-Like sex with an ultra thin condom
    VFF-Like sex without a rubber
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    new studies are coming out that vibrams are bad for your knees if you run. Even your ankles. Causing fast snap like pronation and bad angles. The one thing that they sell, no cushion, is the thing that hurts them. Vibrams arent for everybody. This site is full of people who decide not to believe things. Its like once they found out that the CW diet was a hack, everything became a hack. There are lots of people against Vibrams. I dont know who to believe, but its worth some looking into on your part. Remember, Mark probably gets a pay cheque to endorse these grok looking shoes. He IS a business man.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    I should add that the angles and pronation and everything else thats "bad" is simply "different" than a normal shoe. I dont know if different = bad. I dont care about vibrams so I didnt delve too deep into it.

Care to cite these "new studies," this sounds like old news and I call BS on all the above.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Kyle@FitFolks is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    new studies are coming out that vibrams are bad for your knees if you run. Even your ankles. Causing fast snap like pronation and bad angles. The one thing that they sell, no cushion, is the thing that hurts them. Vibrams arent for everybody. This site is full of people who decide not to believe things. Its like once they found out that the CW diet was a hack, everything became a hack. There are lots of people against Vibrams. I dont know who to believe, but its worth some looking into on your part. Remember, Mark probably gets a pay cheque to endorse these grok looking shoes. He IS a business man.
    I'm not an avid runner by any means, but I play a fairly high level of basketball. I wear Merrell's barefoot shoes all-day, everyday. Work or sport. I use to wear standard Nike fare - good ankle support, bulky soles - and must have rolled and sprained my ankles at least 15 times. I haven't done so once since minimizing orthopedic support. I understand that our bodies aren't use to running on asphalt/concrete and I'm sure many other environmental factors come into play. But it's fairly obvious that the over-protection of our feet are causing their muscles to not play as critical a part in their self-preservation. People should be running barefoot, it's what we do, the only difference is now if you do get injured (hopefully less so) you're not likely to be eaten by a predator

Regarding Vibram's vs Minimus - love the Vibram's, haven't tried the Minimus. Can't where Vibram's around the office, so Merrell was better than the next local option, 'Vivo Barefoot'.

I can say that, since switching to minimal shoes I have not: had a single sprained ankle, my knee pain resolved, no more plantar fasciitis, and no more orthodic insoles.

OP Can you elaborate on why they don't fit your toes?

BTW I have the Merrells too, but don't like them quite as much. I think they are just a tiny bit too narrow for my left foot.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Kyle@FitFolks is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I sort of agree @ the Merell's. I wish the soles were a little thinner. The Vivo barefoot's were too minimal for general use though, I could literally feel pebbles under my feet when walking, which I appreciate - but not for walking the streets of London :\

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle@FitFolks View Post
    I could literally feel pebbles under my feet when walking, which I appreciate - but not for walking the streets of London :\
    Heheh take the condom off!
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Cdmartin111 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    I can say that, since switching to minimal shoes I have not: had a single sprained ankle, my knee pain resolved, no more plantar fasciitis, and no more orthodic insoles.

OP Can you elaborate on why they don't fit your toes?

BTW I have the Merrells too, but don't like them quite as much. I think they are just a tiny bit too narrow for my left foot.
    My pinky toes does not really go into the hole alloted for it, my toe is a bit too small.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast