Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arggh! Craving some Carob Brownie page

cayla29s is offline Senior Member

Arggh! Craving some Carob Brownie

I just googled some info on Carob and it's a legume. So disappointing

Any good brownie type recipe out there that's paleo?

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I have found baking to be the achilles heel of primal eating. You use all these awesome ingredients and the total is somehow less than the sum of the parts.

Here's an alternative that the kids love to help me make.
    1. Melt some really dark chocolate (~85% is what I like).
    2. Dip some nuts in the chocolate, e.g. Brazil nuts, but could be anything. Lay on some baking paper.
    3. Chill in the freezer, then serve.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

primalswan is offline Senior Member
    Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies | PaleOMG - Paleo Recipe

These are on my 4th of July menu, so I haven't tried them yet, but they look GOOD!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Why not just eat chocolate? Carob is the vegan alternative to the real thing. Eat the real thing!!
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

kmodell is offline Member
    All of the dark chocolate bars I've found have sugar and are not Paleo. Ideas?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmodell View Post
    Here is an idea: sugar isn't that bad for you that you can't have even a milk chocolate bar once in a while.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Carob in its raw or even powdered form in moderation or once in a while, really is perfectly ok. Don't stress over it or really, any food you decide you want to eat. Stress is worse than a single food choice, as long as its not something noxious like transfat snack, or some fast food crap. There's a wild carob tree near where I live, & in season, I love to munch on some of them when the mood strikes me, when ripe the flesh is like mild honey. Sometimes I gather a bunch to give to friends. Enjoy your life & make it an adventure.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    There's nothing wrong with small amounts of sugar in your dark chocolate.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    So? There's nothing wrong with a little bit of sugar, assuming it's decent quality sugar. At the very least white sugar. Honey and fruit both contain sugar and are more paleo than beef. We've been eating them longer. 10g of sugar isn't going to do anything. The issue is when you're eating tablespoons of sugar every single day like the average American. Buy at least 70% and enjoy it in moderation.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Craving carob??

I always thought Sandra Boynton pretty much had it right: "Carob is a brown powder made from the pulverized fruit of a Mediterranean evergreen. Some consider carob an adequate substitute for chocolate because it has some similar nutrients (calcium, phosphorus), and because it can, when combined with vegetable fat and sugar, be made to approximate the color and consistency of chocolate. Of course, the same arguments can as persuasively be made in favor of dirt."
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast