Page 1 of 352 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page

badgergirl is online now Senior Member

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Primal Fuel
    I'm going to be bad at this as I don't know how much I weigh and have only a sketchy idea of what size I am (UK 10-12) or what my goal weight/size is...but bollocks to it: that doesn't stop lots of other people pontificating. I have been VLC on and off for years. Always within the realms of normal weight for my height (which is 5'11"), except just before I got married when I was very thin indeed (vegetarian and low calorie total carb restriction, basically low fat protein - yeah, not fun). Would like to lose the mummy belly, but don't want to do sit ups. Have been (strictly) primal for a month or so, but still waiting for the magic to happen. Please don't tell me I have to - oh shit - lift heavy things... Oh. Really?
    There's no whoosh waiting for me?

I rebel against this, but let's put some scores on the doors:
    on the menu today:
    coffee (espresso machine - double shot) with splash of heavy cream
    large ramekin of homemade yoghurt (full fat milk with some cream added to up the fat content)
    2 teaspoons of peanut butter (I know, I'm working on it)
    -----
    double nesspresso decaf with 2% milk (thanks, employer)
    ------
    2-egg omelette with 1 rasher of bacon, 1/4 red capsicum, 1/3 large onion, handful spinach and generous lump of feta
    -----
    large serving of chili (homemade, obvs: grass-fed beef mince, pork mince, tomatoes, courgette, aubergine, carrot, celery, mushrooms, onion, garlic, chillis - fresh and dried, cocoa powder, allspice), two dsp of full-fat sour cream
    1/2 avocado w/lime juice

I usually drink one or two cups of Earl Grey with a little milk during the day too.

Exercise – walk, brisk: 45 minutes, stroll: 30 minutes, sprint/walk: 25 minutes (not all in one go, spread out over the day)

That's a fairly typical day since I went primal, before that I was pretty much the same but, for example, the chilli serving would be smaller beacuse it would come with a huge side of black beans.
    I am not overweight, but I do have a spongy mid-section/arse I'd dearly love to lose. Since cutting out legumes (except p-nut butter, which is the good stuff, but still) about six weeks ago no weight loss that I (or partner) can perceive. Have also started subjecting myself to cold plunges (thanks Otzi), but have not yet added in iodine...
    Why no whoosh?
    Last edited by badgergirl; 07-05-2012 at 02:34 AM. Reason: added link

weekends - my downfall

Oh, crap. I work so hard during the week and hit 100% (I've even created almond and coconut butter to replace the peanut butter for breakfast) and then go and drink the best part of four bottles of red and make (read: extensively taste test) Christmas puddings. Bugger. Oh well, onwards and downwards.

cravings! after weeks, months even, with no cravings, suddenly I'm a carb-craving monster. a deprived carbs-craving monster. I fed the cravings fetta until they slunk back into their hole...but for how long?

when on earth am I going to see some kind of weight loss? I'm EATING LIVER. I'm taking cold(ish) showers and cold plunges. I'm 100% primal and this weekend have even waved a too-fond farewell to the goddess that is red wine. I walk: slow cardio is my default setting. I'm sneaking in squats and other (unnatural to me) physical jerks whenever I can.
    I'm struggling with the idea that this - admitedly slender, for the most part - body is my setpoint and to get the form I prefer I have to suffer and starve.
    Did I mention I'm greedy? Today:
    Three scrambled eggs, grilled sardines, tablespoon coconut-cream-and-almond butter
    Homemade liver pate, raw celery, (leftover) roast carrot, beetroot and steamed garlic green bean crudites.
    Large Irish coffee
    Smoked salmon, celery, apple (raw), sour cream. Gk yog and coconut and almond butter.
    Yeah...calorie counting here I come.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 07-16-2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: change of plan re dinner

I will get buff, I will:
    b: gk yog, coconut and almond butter
    l: liver pate, celery sticks, carrot sticks
    d: 1/2 avo, smoked salmon, celery, salsa, sour cream, jalepenos, squeeze of lime
    cocoa made w/cream and water
    walking: 70 minutes
    walk/sprint/jog hybrid: 30 minutes
    some squats and bodyweight exercises
    cool shower and cold plunge

it's going to be like groundhog day around here until the mummy tummy is gone:
    b: gk yog, coconut and almond butter
    l: liver pate, celery sticks, red capsicum sticks, green beans (all raw)
    d: 1/2 avo, smoked salmon, salsa, sour cream, squeeze of lime
    tbs coconut and almond butter, ramekin of gk yog
    walking: 70 minutes
    walk/sprint/jog hybrid: 30 minutes
    some squats and bodyweight exercises
    cool shower x 2
    Last edited by badgergirl; 07-17-2012 at 12:42 AM.

I am - inexplicably - gaining weight (or at least girth). Tried on the skinny trousers and they are *tighter* than they were last week. Oh-ho - muscle! But, no, says husband legs do not feel muscly.
    Today:
    B: yog and almond/coconut butter
    L: raw 1/2 beetroot, cauli florettes, celery sticks with liver pate
    D: 1/2 avo, sour cream, tuna, almond and coconut butter
    40 minute stroll, stretches
    according to Fitday I'm averaging 1300-1500kc a day...but no weightloss. WTF?
    Last edited by badgergirl; 07-18-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Today:
    B: almond/coconut butter
    L: omelette with bacon, broccoli, mushrooms, capsicum and onion
    D: 1/2 avo, feta, red cabbage, tuna
    20 minute stroll, stretches, some weights
    going to start weighing myself this weekend as Fitday thinks I'm running a 500-1000 kcal deficeit, but as yet no noticible weight loss. Hmmm. The macros do suggest that I'm not getting enough protein to be primal - it looks like 50% fat, 25% carb and 25% protein. So I think I'll have to up the meat and cut the veg a little. Also, this Saturday is Christmas in July and on Monday I'm lunching at a vegan restaurant to welcome a new co-worker. Wish me luck on the compliance front!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today:
    B: almond/coconut butter, gk yog
    L: omelette with bacon, broccoli, mushrooms, capsicum and onion, 1 cup of chicken korma (work had leftovers)
    D: 1/2 avo, red cabbage, beetroot, tuna
    Husband now says waist is slimmer, but thighs and butt remain hefty.
    walking: 1:10
    walk/sprint/jog: 20 minutes
    bodyweight exercises and stretches.
    Tomorrow is Christmas in July. I'm thinking about IFing until the feast...

Page 1 of 352 1231151101 ... LastLast