Page 99 of 406 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 99

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I've just been invited to work a sub-spec exam (maternal fetal medicine). All day Saturday and a half day Sunday in mid October. There are only six candidates so I'm not sure what help will be required, but time and a half for a day and a half? Who can say no to that? Action pelvises at the ready!
    lol.....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    I've just been invited to work a sub-spec exam (maternal fetal medicine). All day Saturday and a half day Sunday in mid October. There are only six candidates so I'm not sure what help will be required, but time and a half for a day and a half? Who can say no to that? Action pelvises at the ready!
    Time and a half for some pelvic action, what's not to like.....

* DD I used:
    1 head of cauli, roughly floretted
    enough water to not quite cover
    2T of tahini
    2 cloves of garlic
    1T of cumin (I like cumin)
    blend
    then I added crumbled feta - enough so that there is a little in each mouthful, but I bet a good smoky chorizo would be lovely.
    Thanks me dear, now on me 'to do' list.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Tough times with husband again. Feel like there has to be an answer somewhere, but we just keep butting heads instead; trapped in our own solitary confinement cells. Hmmm...

B: two eggs scrambled in butter, coffee
    L: cauli, cumin, tahini and feta soup (a standard bowl - often I have vast oceans of soup, trying to be more normal in my portion sizes)
    D: chicken thighs slow-cooked with tomatoes, roasted capsicums and chorizo (I'll add sauteed onions and perhaps mushrooms when I get home - didn't have time for this before I left this morning); steamed broc (boys had carrots and rice too); small lump of mature cheddar

On the bright side, going to see Amanda Palmer on Friday. Woot!

Husband is taking small boy away for a couple of nights to the beach with husband's friend and his kids. It will be nice to have some solitude at home instead of loneliness - hard to explain the difference, I know, but believe me there is one.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-17-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Tough about the big boy, enjoy the peace and quiet for a few days and get you're head round it all, until the unpeace and quiet of Amanda Palmer of course....

Well, homecoming was peaceful. The XYs aren't going to the beach until a week on Sunday so I have a while to wait for my solitude.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Well, homecoming was peaceful. The XYs aren't going to the beach until a week on Sunday so I have a while to wait for my solitude.
    Oh, well at least the peaceful homecomings a bonus.

B: two eggs scrambled in butter
    L: soup (the last of it)
    D: beef sausages, bacon, eggs, veggies Ė possibly as a massive omelette

I donít like scrambled eggs nearly as much as yoghurt, but I get the feeling they are better for me. Breakfast seems to stick for longer.

Husband and I (this was something that was suggested by the unhinged mental wellbeing nurse that stuck) have been reduced to writing letters to each other Ė except that he Ďforgotí he was supposed to be writing to me. And he wonders why I feel Iím not particularly high on his list of prioritiesÖ

Amanda Palmer is that bit closer Ė getting quite excited now as Iím sure one way or another itíll be quite a show. Hmm. What to wear? Corset?

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    B: two eggs scrambled in butter
    L: soup (the last of it)
    D: beef sausages, bacon, eggs, veggies – possibly as a massive omelette

I don’t like scrambled eggs nearly as much as yoghurt, but I get the feeling they are better for me. Breakfast seems to stick for longer.

Husband and I (this was something that was suggested by the unhinged mental wellbeing nurse that stuck) have been reduced to writing letters to each other – except that he ‘forgot’ he was supposed to be writing to me. And he wonders why I feel I’m not particularly high on his list of priorities…

Amanda Palmer is that bit closer – getting quite excited now as I’m sure one way or another it’ll be quite a show. Hmm. What to wear? Corset?
    Eggs keep me fuller longer as well.... must be the protein content.....

Corset for the win.....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Eggs keep me fuller longer as well.... must be the protein content.....

Corset for the win.....
    I donít like scrambled eggs nearly as much as yoghurt, but I get the feeling they are better for me. Breakfast seems to stick for longer.
    Eggs for fullness for me as well, I normally have 4 to 5 for breakfast most mornings

And he wonders why I feel Iím not particularly high on his list of prioritiesÖ
    He's aware of that then.

Amanda Palmer is that bit closer Ė getting quite excited now as Iím sure one way or another itíll be quite a show. Hmm. What to wear? Corset?
    Oh yes on the corset, if it goes to the vote, put me down for that one....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, lads! So predictable
    Dinner was lovely - cooked leeks and bacon together then added cream, the perfect side for sausages. Boys had carrots and broc, I stuck to just broc.

Have told husband loud and clear that I feel underloved, many times. He tries sporadically, but doesn't often succeed, to remedy that. He tells me he's going to talk to me tonight instead of going straight into the study.