Page 97 of 313 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 97

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Not my finest hour...
    Oh well, we all make mistakes (said the dalek climbing off the dustbin)! Don't sweat it.

Did you try the push ups, not sure if I would after two glasses of vino collapso?!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I did yesterday - on the flat = colapso sans vino
    wait a minute...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

I did yesterday - on the flat = colapso sans vino
    wait a minute...
    ...avec fortification = controlled descent but no hope of ascent.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Oh well, we all make mistakes (said the dalek climbing off the dustbin)!
    I really, really want to meet you for realz one day. I think you are awesome sauce.

So. Misabi? You still there?

How do I get better/stronger at this pushup nonsense? My current ability is clearly a pathetic pile of steaming pants. I can do ten on the ball. I can do ten - just - using my knees as pivots. I cannot do one, single, stinking real pushup. Do I do more of what I can do or do I keep attempting the impossible?

I really, really want to meet you for realz one day. I think you are awesome sauce.
    T'would be grand, for my sins I inherited a decent level of idiocy....

Negatives are a good way of building up strength, I do them when I'm doing high numbers of chin ups, (jump up, controlled down) in a short period of time, so doing push ups this way is a good way to eventually get to a full one in!
    I would still give the hands elevated a dash to build up to the full P/U. Oh and peserverance, it took me an absolute age to be able to do a one arm P/U on the flat!

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    avec fornication??? What?

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    So. Misabi? You still there?

How do I get better/stronger at this pushup nonsense? My current ability is clearly a pathetic pile of steaming pants. I can do ten on the ball. I can do ten - just - using my knees as pivots. I cannot do one, single, stinking real pushup. Do I do more of what I can do or do I keep attempting the impossible?
    I'm no Misabi... but do what you can do on your knees..... add a rep or two every week when you do press ups. Get to were you can do 20ish, then try them on your toes, as many as you can do..... rinse and repeat....

Unintended consequences

So, the recent anniversary got me thinking. In September 2001 husband and I had just started dating and in true whirlwind fashion my feet had barely touched the ground since we met. So, when the planes hit and we both got sent home, I walked from Paddington to Aldgate East and met him at his flat. Little did we know that the ripples of that event would have profound effects on us. When I met him, husband worked at an international merchant bank. After the terror attacks there was a contraction/mini-recession in the city/banking sector. His bank decided to close its London office and while all the traders got rehomed en masse at a competitor, the ancillary support staff – husband ran the publications team – weren’t so lucky. Proto-husband’s visa was dependent on his employer and he no longer had an employer. Also, husband-to-be felt incredibly let down/betrayed by his boss and the last few poisonous months at the bank, waiting for the axe to fall. He spiralled into incredible depression. I essentially arranged for us to elope, pretty much against his will, so that he could secure a visa.

We would not have married in 2002 if it wasn’t for 9/11. We might have married a few years later, or I might have got tired of waiting to be asked and split up with him.

B: yoghurt, coffee
    L: ratatouille with feta
    Wine date with friend after work! Need to be home by 7pm.

Wowza, after a courtship and such like that, to still be together 11 years on is quite a feat!