Page 96 of 316 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 96

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Pushups are done with my knees/shins resting on the ball - I guess that is odd, but it sort of works. Focused on a relaxed neck and the stiffness does seem to be receding. Mental health day, today. As recorded here, it's been brewing for months. Slight allergy feeling (itchy eyes, nose and throat) and a bad night's sleep tipped me over the edge. Stayed home and sewed while watching crappy movies on husband's second screen - he was doing digital art on his first screen. Food wasn't full-on depression awful, but it wasn't great either.
    Big B: coffee x 2, yoghurt x 2, 1T p'nut butter
    L: nachos - corn chips, cheese, salsa, sour cream (see what I mean?)
    D: rump steak and stir-fried veggies (beansprouts, mini corn, onion, green beans)

ETA: my jewellery arrived today.
    The necklace is a gift, but I'm keeping the earrings... most out of character but SHARK TEETH for SHARK WEEK! Can I hear a 'that's awesome?' Yes, I can. And the helterskelter shells? Dunno why, they just sang my name.
    Press ups that way should be harder than doing them on the flat, more shoulder involvement, gravity etc, at least the pain is less....

We all take one for the queen (as they say) now and again, sod um, as I say, the worse they can do is sack you!

Food, not as if you ate two dozen duff nuts covered in a bag of Tate & Lyle, and dinner was spot on?!

They shark earrings are savage, don't wear it meself, but that's proper jewellry.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Press ups that way should be harder than doing them on the flat, more shoulder involvement, gravity etc, at least the pain is less....
    This is strange. On the ball is definitely easier than standing (so to speak) on my own two feet. If I try to do them without the ball I cannot get a full range of movement - my pushups are dips from the top to halfway down rather than the full nose to the floor range of motion. With legs resting on the ball, I can get fully down and fully up.

We all take one for the queen (as they say) now and again, sod um, as I say, the worse they can do is sack you!
    I have the sick leave accrued, but I rarely get full-on sick (and when I do I usually come in to work anyway). However, I do find myself mentally weary, especially given that weekends are given over to parenting. I require quiet alone time far more often than I get it. I also feel under pressure to save my annual leave in case I have to make a dash to the UK for any reason. So, I'm aiming to end the year with 10 days of leave in the bank. It's harder to come to work in the lulls, like now, where there's really not much to do.

Food, not as if you ate two dozen duff nuts covered in a bag of Tate & Lyle, and dinner was spot on?!
    Exactly, usually a day at home leads to crazy comfort eating or wild indulgence of another kind. Instead, this time, I just plugged away at the patchwork and made solid progress. The deadline is looming and I need to speed up/devote more time to the sodding thing. However, there may be wine tonight. Also, I'm baking a cake for a co-worker's birthday - so, no time to myself this evening to do patch.

They shark earrings are savage, don't wear it meself, but that's proper jewellry.
    I'm not a jewellery wearer either - indeed, I had to re-pierce my ears to get the teeth in - but those barbed undies/shark's teeth really spoke to me.

On to today...
    B: yoghurt, coffee
    L: curried pumpkin soup
    D: pork steaks with... not sure yet.

Making chocolate and beetroot cake for co-workers with cardamon cream cheese icing. New recipe! Hope it turns out okay...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

It might be the pivot point for the press ups, try them full with your hands on a coffee table or something elevated?

Seems strange to me accrueing sick leave, admittedly in my first job you only got sick pay after 10 years service, so you got out yer death bed so as not to lose money, that was in the dark ages though....Mental's just as good a reason as physical to have one in my eye.

Not a sweet person, but that cake sounds bizarre!

Scrapped dinner plans and took the boys out for Thai food. Then back home to make beetroot chocolate cake I used 85% Lindt. I made cream cheese icing and flavoured it with ground cardamon, inspired by this.

My London Review of Books has arrived no sewing tonight.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Seems strange to me accrueing sick leave, admittedly in my first job you only got sick pay after 10 years service, so you got out yer death bed so as not to lose money, that was in the dark ages though....Mental's just as good a reason as physical to have one in my eye.
    Isn't that illegal?

Isn't that illegal?
    It is now, I think, this was back when the world was black and white mind, well the mid/late eighties!

That cake still sounds bizarre....

Not a sweet person, but that cake sounds bizarre!
    I think you're a sweet person... Will try your pushup tips tonight.
    Right, off to ravish the LRB. Whheee!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I think the cake sounds amazing, will you be able to resist it?

I made a carrot cake to share with friends this week. By the time I reduced the sugar and subbed coconut for half the flour it was almost primal. Because I knew this, I succumbed to two slices.

I think you're a sweet person... Will try your pushup tips tonight.
    Right, off to ravish the LRB. Whheee!
    Don't get called sweet too often, almost got a blush on! Hope the P/U's work & enjoy your ravishing....

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    I made a carrot cake to share with friends this week. By the time I reduced the sugar and subbed coconut for half the flour it was almost primal. Because I knew this, I succumbed to two slices.
    You little tinker, you....

That cake would have been primal (or faileo), I realised afterwards, if I had used almond flour instead of plain flour. Hmmm...
    B: yoghurt
    Morning tea: slice of cake
    L: duck risotto, crème brûlée, glass of red
    D: two glasses of red, 10 popcorn kernals, frangellico, yoghurt

Not my finest hour...
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-12-2013 at 02:19 AM.