Page 88 of 647 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188588 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I'll bear that in mind. If I hit 90 it'll be gin and cakes in the rocking chair though - I'm counting on it.
    At 90, you've earned it!

Big meeting day. Catering. Grazed all day - primal, but woah...cheese, dried fruit.
    B: yoghurt, banana, coffee
    L: see above
    D: pumpkin mash and broccoli

Not much in the way of walking - had to stick around at lunch - but went up and down a fair few stairs today.

DRY FRIDAY - I declared today love your liver day.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Big meeting day. Catering. Grazed all day - primal, but woah...cheese, dried fruit.
    B: yoghurt, banana, coffee
    L: see above
    D: pumpkin mash and broccoli

Not much in the way of walking - had to stick around at lunch - but went up and down a fair few stairs today.

DRY FRIDAY - I declared today love your liver day.
    lol... and I'm sure your stomach and head wil be thankful! I know mine usually are!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    lol... and I'm sure your stomach and head wil be thankful! I know mine usually are!
    I googled cirrhosis pictures last night - very sobering. I was dry for the best part of a year a few years back - and obviously was very restricted when preg and heavily breastfeeding... It's been creeping back up and up recently though, so worth cutting back a bit.

I waggled weights last night and am rather sore today.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

I googled cirrhosis pictures last night - very sobering. I was dry for the best part of a year a few years back - and obviously was very restricted when preg and heavily breastfeeding... It's been creeping back up and up recently though, so worth cutting back a bit.

I waggled weights last night and am rather sore today.
    I'm no tee-totaler, by any stretch of the imagination.... In my younger years I went and got polluted on an almost nightly basis. Being young, dumb and much more quick to recover, I could deal with it easier. I just find that it has less of an attraction to me as I get older.. and the hangovers hurt alot more... oy-vey! That being said, I enjoy a good beer with some barbecue, or if my kids come over for a visit, I will imbibe a few, but it is an infrequent occurance....... and the wife does't like me much when I am deep in me cups, so to keep the peace/piece, I forgo the cups and the pain that goes with them...

Congrats on the soreness from the weight waggeling..

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I'm no tee-totaler, by any stretch of the imagination.... In my younger years I went and got polluted on an almost nightly basis. Being young, dumb and much more quick to recover, I could deal with it easier. I just find that it has less of an attraction to me as I get older.. and the hangovers hurt alot more... oy-vey! That being said, I enjoy a good beer with some barbecue, or if my kids come over for a visit, I will imbibe a few, but it is an infrequent occurance....... and the wife does't like me much when I am deep in me cups, so to keep the peace/piece, I forgo the cups and the pain that goes with them...

Congrats on the soreness from the weight waggeling..
    I'm 36. I drink differently than I used to and very much of my age group and social class in that I mainly drink at home these days. I think I - possibly - drink more than I did in my truly poor student days, although that's a tough call to make as my 'binges' are smaller, but more frequent. Certainly my ability to function with a hangover is much reduced. I am, though, open about how uneasy my thirst makes me. I could so easily become an alcoholic. I enjoy irish coffee breakfasts, wine with lunch, g&t before dinner, wine with dinner, a coffee and liqueur or two... I try not to do all of these every day! Dry days are important. I track my weekly intake and try to moderate it. But, lordy, I do appreciate a drink.

I'm 36. I drink differently than I used to and very much of my age group and social class in that I mainly drink at home these days. I think I - possibly - drink more than I did in my truly poor student days, although that's a tough call to make as my 'binges' are smaller, but more frequent. Certainly my ability to function with a hangover is much reduced. I am, though, open about how uneasy my thirst makes me. I could so easily become an alcoholic. I enjoy irish coffee breakfasts, wine with lunch, g&t before dinner, wine with dinner, a coffee and liqueur or two... I try not to do all of these every day! Dry days are important. I track my weekly intake and try to moderate it. But, lordy, I do appreciate a drink.
    oh I'm with ya sister........ hard to beat a good buzz.....

batik batty

It seems I might have bought some batiks...

B: yoghurt, banana, p'nut butter, coffee
    L: cheese and sultanas
    D chicken thighs with leeks sauteed with bacon in cream, broc, pumpkin

Such beautiful colours.

Learn More
    Today I am mostly spring cleaning, given it is a warm and windy day and the house can air thoroughly while I pull out pieces of furniture, wash walls, vacuum and generally move through the place like a whirling dervish. Husband, having grown up with hoarders, cannot grasp the concept of spring cleaning and has to bite his tongue - in previous years he has accused me of OCD...no, husband, cleaning is NORMAL.