Page 85 of 296 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 85

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You can just forget making anything from that batik of yours, because I WANT IT!

Wowzer, is that one stunning piece. You will laugh, but I am about to get "adventurous" and make my first pillows - out of two cutoff legs from a pair of jeans... (Has really nice raised pattern, and would make great pillows for traveling in the car, which we do a lot). The leftover butt will be sewn closed at the open leg holes and made into a jeans purse for Second.

I got that idea from a horse-themed craft book Third found at the library, and I have already made her one from an old pair of her jeans, and she loves it. We put horse pins and patches on it, but the iron-on patches didn't stay on, sadly. The shoulder straps are made from strips taken from the leg of the pants, but since I won't have the legs available (as they are going to be pillows), Second and I are thinking of using leather, perhaps an interesting belt from Goodwill.

Badger, you have a really good eye for color and pattern and all that. Who else is an artist in the family??
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Crabcakes that is a cool project. My dd and her twin cousins all have one of those jeans bags, they made them themselves at a holiday class run by the sewing shop and they use them a lot.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    My sewing machine is currently kaput so *all* sewing projects are being done by hand - no bad thing and it may get me to finally hand quilt. Although I'm also thinking of getting machine fixed or...
    buying a new one.
    We'll see.

Have never worked with old denim, but I bet your projects turn out really well. Photos, please.

B: yoghurt, banana, coffee
    L: cheese, small bowl of last night's dinner
    D: lamb korma (husband's cooking so I know what we're having)

Day going very slowly. I'm doing one of husband's supplements on a sub-set of trolls. Not really my kind of thing. Husband has introduced small boy to Dungeons and Dragons - there go my family weekends and access to the dining table.

Shhhh....
    Have just booked husband's 40th birthday present. A tandem skydive over the Great Ocean Road. I shall not be watching as even the thought leads to shivers of terror, but I know that he will love it.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    That batik fabric is awesome! Gorgeous color combination.... Wife and I have done several quilts using batiks, and they turn out great! She just finished a quilt top for my oldest son and his significant other that has a batik in it... I think there are 4 or 5 quilts in the "To be quilted" que at this point... so don't feel bad about having "unfinished" projects around. I have one I started hand quilting several years ago... it still isn't done.....

Folks, that batik is not my batik...but my batik is *just as* if not *more* awesome. I shall be starting that quilt over the Christmas break...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Folks, that batik is not my batik...but my batik is *just as* if not *more* awesome. I shall be starting that quilt over the Christmas break...
    Then I wait to see a pic of your "Awesommer" batik!

Your wish is my command, sir.
    Batik 1 - the inspiration:

Batik 2 - from my stash, will fit in somewhere

Current project. I think it requires something to break it up that the eye can latch on to - I'm going to do vertical stripes of a pale and plain yellowy green so that there will be three hexes then a single row, then another block of three hexes...

And, while we're about it, isn't this just fabulous...?
    Last edited by badgergirl; 08-26-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Careful... your going to make my head swell....

Both of those are pretty awesome!... man, you DO love those hexagons don't you! lol

That last quilt is a bit on the bright side... lovely colors, though it screams so loud you'd never get any sleep with it in the room!
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 08-26-2013 at 02:26 AM.

I'm DONE with hexes...except those blue and white ones that I tried to squeeze into the turquoise quilt... No. I'm done with hexes for a good long time. And the current project is a complete mess. But. I shall rescue it.

batiks...