Page 83 of 319 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 83

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I'm actually laughing out loud. No, really.
    And me!

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    hmmmmmm could be why I like you! lol
    See above comment....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    I'm actually laughing out loud. No, really.
    The sad part, is that it's true.... I does actually have to pick th wife up after her wrist surgery today....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    The sad part, is that it's true.... I does actually have to pick th wife up after her wrist surgery today....
    That's bit more important than my data protection appreciation....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    That's bit more important than my data protection appreciation....
    Just wait.... one day you will be as old as me.... and you will forget just as much crap...... hmmmm... maybe I'm not losing weight because I forgot that I ate already, and grubbing down a second time!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I remembered what yesterday's topics of discussion were going to be...

The first: there's no acceptable, easy word for happy in/with my body. I was thinking: I'm not currently skinny, not (by my own warped standards) slender...but I'm not curvy, I'm not anything - there's no word that fits. I'm not 'sporty'; I'm not 'unfit'. I'm... a happy medium. I'm bien dans sa peau. My skinny clothes don't fit and I have the convex curve of a belly and yet...much happier than when the clothes are lose and the breasts are flapping (seriously, post breastfeeding, I require some heft to keep the skin from being all National Geographic-banana boob).

The second: husband's best friend and his wife (who are each other's first and only) have struggled to have children. IVF cycles overcame the lack of motility issue caused by his very severe digestive illness. Eventually, after many cycles and thousands of dollars they achieved the two children they had always wanted. These are people who live by a self-written book, believe in 1-, 5-, 10-, 50-year plans. Wife is the main earner and now that her childbearing years are passed, has recently taken a high-powered, demanding job... You can see where this is going can't you. She's up the duff and they both say it's his (I did ASK husband, but apparently no suspicion has fallen - yeah, I'd be asking again if I was the father). At the moment they both agree termination is the answer. The obs has counselled them to wait until the scan. Err, WHY?

B: yoghurt, coffee
    L: cauli and blue brie soup
    D: porterhouse, carrots, green beans, spinach in sour cream; cab merlot

Husband's 40th is a month and small change away. I think I have a plan...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

I reckon being comfortable with what you got is a good place to be in, I got a (more than) few flaws, but got to an age now when I've learnt to live with them.

Do you think there convincing thereselves on the parenthood, and yeah, why?!

I reckon being comfortable with what you got is a good place to be in, I got a (more than) few flaws, but got to an age now when I've learnt to live with them.

Do you think there convincing thereselves on the parenthood, and yeah, why?!
    I've seen pictures - you look pretty tidy to me.

I think, honestly, they are looking a gift horse in the mouth. I would - in their position - find it very hard to refuse such a universe-given gift. Although mum cannot look after three, father could - that is an option, post mat leave. They are in much, much better financial straits that we are. For us an additional child would mean abject poverty, for them it is a lifestyle readjustment... I'm stunned that they are hesitating, but I defend their right to do so. My anger falls on the obs who is making this more complicated than it should be - if they are certain the earliest resolution is the best one.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Thanks, photo shops great ain't it, only jesting!

I wander if it's that it doesn't fit into their "plan", which is sad, if they can get by as I don't think you can always plan everything, and this came for free! You're right it is their choice and I agree with you on that that right, I wander what's the ob's trying to achieve?

Thanks, photo shops great ain't it, only jesting!

I wander if it's that it doesn't fit into their "plan", which is sad, if they can get by as I don't think you can always plan everything, and this came for free! You're right it is their choice and I agree with you on that that right, I wander what's the ob's trying to achieve?
    I think the obs is either pro-choice or pro-pay-packet. When I discover who it is I shall have the answer. Advising them to wait until the scan is cruel...

I think the obs is either pro-choice or pro-pay-packet. When I discover who it is I shall have the answer. Advising them to wait until the scan is cruel...
    Or both and emotional blackmail!