Page 8 of 379 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 8

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The food diary has got very old. I know it's useful, but I can't be bothered.

Small boy and I danced wildly for both my lift heavy things and sprint-type exercise of the day. Small boy loves the 'cavegirls' on this site (the spearmen) and asks for them.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

I think, in many ways, I've hit the finish line. My clothes fit and if I get any smaller I'll start looking gaunt. Interestingly, though, I haven't lost weight, just girth and lard: I must have gained muscle. As a life-long fitness avoider, this is somewhat extraordinary.

Have I reached the LGN nirvana? er... Well, I don't look bad or anything.

I'm noticing other small changes: my nails are stronger.

Today I carried the small boy home on my shoulders - lift heavy things - after a walk to the park. The weather is glorious. There's a pork belly in the oven and all is well with my world.

ETA - I spilt the hot pork fat from the belly on to my arm! Oh noes My arm is now slathered in a thick layer of aloe vera.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-09-2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: misadventure
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Congratulations!!
    Thanks! I feel a bit of a fraud, because it's hardly Biggest Loser territory, but it is nice to be rid of the mummy tummy and feel more toned. The total lack of actual weight loss is a bit of a puzzler, not bad just rather astonishing. Surely, I cannot have gained that much muscle - I think it must be these heavy remineralised bones I keep reading about. I've also had to move a ring to a different finger as it got stupidly loose, but my fingers have never, ever been fat or swollen. Very strange altogether. My appetite continues to gradually decrease, so I suppose there might well be more weight loss coming, but where from, I'm not altogether sure!

I know, womankind hates me right now.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-10-2012 at 03:09 AM.

Every silver lining has a cloud. I've dropped a cup size. The bra fitting lady kept cooing over how tiny I was. Yeah, thanks, lady. I used to be HUGE, you know...when I was breastfeeding. And then!!! And then!!! She remarked with surprise at my lack of stretchmarks. Lady, just do your job and sell me expensive bras, talk about your merchandise and leave mine alone.

However, the dental hygienist was very happy with me. I've been flossing like a mofo and no sugar, so she thinks I'm a goddess.

Finally, I made a huge sugary floury cake today for co-worker D's birthday tomorrow. Her request: Konditor and Cook's Lemon Chiffon sponge - 1kg of icing sugar in the frosting. I tried not to breathe as I was mixing it.

Gordon Bennett! Who was the kind (deranged) soul who gave my journal all those stars? Whoever you are, my vanity thanks you. I'll post my food today, because it was yummy:
    B: yoghurt
    L: calamari and salad with cooked lemons and olives. Yes, I ate the lemons
    D: porterhouse, carrots, spinach, cream; waldorf salad and green salad

The four-layer lemon chiffon cake (6 eggs, 300g butter/sugar/flour, 1kg icing sugar, 500g philadelphia, zest of three-four lemons) was up to my usual high standards by all reports - co-worker D was very happy - but I didn't even lick the spoon! Triumph was mine (actually, I'm bored of that cake now I've made so many of them). Major brownie points from the ladies at work.

Baking is such an easy thing to do and it wins incredible plaudits...you'd think more people would do it, but not in my office. There are perhaps three or four of us - out of nearly 50 - who are any cop at cakes. Me, she said modestly, I'm an all rounder. Ah! Except puff pastry, never been able to master that, but these days I don't make as many pies (the boys are not happy about this turn of events) so I've stopped feeling such a pastry failure (I can do a mean shortcrust, it was only ever puff that defeated me).

Skinny trews were almost flappy today. Who'd have thunk it? The strange thing is that although my clothes don't lie, I don't feel any different from one size to another. I know I'm thinner. I can see I'm thinner, but my - what's the word for the body's sense of itself? - proprioception of my body remains constant no matter what.

There was a time where I was actively trying to lard up. I'd wanted to look earth mothery, a Venus of Willendorf, I wanted solid and weighty thighs and a round belly. I got them too, as much as my physique will allow (I tend to look statuesque rather than round). I was 19, away from home, single and I think I wanted to feel anchored to the earth.

More recently, whenever I've got clothes-horse skinny, I've started to feel anxious at the same time as being pleased. I think I associated thin with weak, fragile and in need of protection...I'm almost 6ft tall, I doubt I look fragile to anyone but myself. One difference with this latest dip into clothes-skinny is that I've been waggling weights. This has created a very noticeable change in my self perception, if nothing else, I don't feel weak.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Skinny trews were almost flappy today. Who'd have thunk it? The strange thing is that although my clothes don't lie, I don't feel any different from one size to another. I know I'm thinner. I can see I'm thinner, but my - what's the word for the body's sense of itself? - proprioception of my body remains constant no matter what.

There was a time where I was actively trying to lard up. I'd wanted to look earth mothery, a Venus of Willendorf, I wanted solid and weighty thighs and a round belly. I got them too, as much as my physique will allow (I tend to look statuesque rather than round). I was 19, away from home, single and I think I wanted to feel anchored to the earth.

More recently, whenever I've got clothes-horse skinny, I've started to feel anxious at the same time as being pleased. I think I associated thin with weak, fragile and in need of protection...I'm almost 6ft tall, I doubt I look fragile to anyone but myself. One difference with this latest dip into clothes-skinny is that I've been waggling weights. This has created a very noticeable change in my self perception, if nothing else, I don't feel weak.
    Badgergirl, congrats on fitting into your skinny trews, and on becoming strong as well as slim. I wonder if your sense of self perception will change as this state lasts longer? I have noticed a similar experience - other people call me "tiny" or comment on the definition of my arms or waist for example (a bit cheeky, imo, I don't tend to say that sort of thing to others myself). I am kind of pleased but kind of embarrassed and don't feel like it's true, yet it probably is. Oh, and commiserations on dropping a cup size, happened to me too, it's the only drawback so far.
    Last edited by Annieh; 09-13-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Hey badgergirl! You just rock that height - I have a girlfriend who is 6-floot even and is an awesome presence because she is comfortable at that state of tallness.

What are trews, though?? Jeans?

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Trousers. Not necessarily jeans, I don't think.

Page 8 of 379 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast