Page 75 of 359 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 75

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel

I've just bought these. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to afford to put some lenses in them...
    First B at 2.30am: yoghurt, pnut butter
    - insomnia sex - brief nap
    Second B at 5am: coffee, yoghurt, pnut butter
    L (out to fete co-worker): mixed meze, chicken and salads, cote du rhone (I abstained from cake!)
    D: beef in red wine, spinach with wholegrain mustard and butter
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

sorry for the blank space - scroll for specs (careful if you're reading out loud...)
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Nice binoculars, not really a fashion aficionado, but they don't normally come cheap....

I'd imagine the post first post brekkie activity was more efficacious for the nap than reading the paper....

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Nice binoculars, not really a fashion aficionado, but they don't normally come cheap....

I'd imagine the post first post brekkie activity was more efficacious for the nap than reading the paper....
    It's the only thing that cures my insomnia. Luckily, husband obliges me. I've agonised over new frames for more than a year, but in the end it was an impulse online sale purchase - I've never done that for frames before. I wanted a real departure and a pair of statement frames, but also am lairy of the whole big, black plastic thing as I think that's been the go for so long now surely the fashion is on the cusp of changing. Given that I wear frames for about five years, I don't want to buy something that will immediately look outdated. These aren't a huge, huge departure, but they're certainly more spiffy than anything I've had for a long time (bloody specsavers).

I'm blinder than the proverbial bat, so need to spend huge amounts of cash on my lenses - the skinny glass rather than the face-distorting coke bottle variety.

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Definitely some sexy librarian frames goin on there.....

You've got a good un there.

They'll certainly make a statement and they are on the spiff side, strangely enough my brother's wears bins and he's had some unkindly words about specsavers....

My father went from perfect vision to virtually blind overnight when he was about my age and he wore the old coke bottles, I'm hoping this lifestyle will hold it off....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Definitely some sexy librarian frames goin on there.....
    Could be the change of vocation you're looking for there....

Specsavers are the very devil - their frames are *so* poorly made. My current face furniture was bought when small boy was at the grabby age and I paid enormous sums for the bendy, unbreakable frames. They're so boring, borderline ugly and now the lenses are all scratched up or something - every time the light hits them - hello, I live in Australia - the coating distorts the light and everything blurs. The last time I had an eye test - two years ago - my prescription was unchanged for the first time ever. Wouldn't it be amazing if eyes got better?

Glasses are the one thing I wear all day every day and I hate mine. Time to make a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Could be the change of vocation you're looking for there....
    Ha! That's not such a bad idea...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    lost my post. cannae be arsed to rewrite.
    B1: yog, nuts
    B2: yog, coffee
    L: leftovers from last night's dinner
    D: pinot, pork belly, beets, carrots, broc

We were supposed to be having a trip to the cinema, but I simply could not face the cooking, cleaning, conversation, drama tax that having the inlaws (parents and mad sister) here to babysit requires. Weird stomach crampy nonsense going on since yesterday lunch time and two nights of insomnia = over it.

On the upside, I got some cleaning/sorting done today.