Page 7 of 317 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 7

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And lo! One day after thinking I'd never forget to eat. I forgot to eat. Or rather was so tanked on adrenaline that food seemed totally superfluous.
    B: yoghurt
    D: chicken korma, cup of yoghut, glass of muscat
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

whatever hormone is preventing me from sleeping is also suppressing my appetite. Whatever. Stupid body. Foot cramps too.
    B: yogurt, walnuts
    L: raw veg crudites - beetroot, celery, capsicum (I meant to have pate, but couldn't be bothered)
    D: small bowl of coconut and chicken curry, 1/2 cup yoghurt.

Parenting fail story of absolute horror
    Small boy likes to have a parent in his bath. When it's his dad the two of them sit and read a book at opposite ends. But not when it's me, oh no, then it's hands and cuddles and oh, look, mummy's breasts!
    So, his head was on my chest and he was hugging me...
    "Mummy! My bits are all hairy"
    "Really? Small boy?" [slowly processing this information with a pit of doom feeling]
    "Mummy...[giggles] my bits are in your bits!"
    I thought child protective services were about to sail in through the window, frankly. I only *hope* he never tells the grown ups at kinder
    "Oh! Yuck, small boy! [forced laughter] I don't want your bits.

I told husband in hushed tones what had happened. He said: we. will. never. speak. of. this. again.

I sit on it for 24 hours and then tell coworker A. Then, now, I post it on the internet.

His therapy bill is going to be huge, isn't it? *sigh*
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-02-2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: typing with my toes
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

B: yoghurt, walnuts
    L: two eggs, scrambled
    D: steak, carrot - one slice, courgette sauted w/ onion and marjoram, mushrooms w/butter and garlic, 2 tiny glasses of muscat

stupid mofo stress hormones: I want to eat my dinner, goddamit, not leave half of it on the plate.

Tonight tamazapan and I have a hot date. I hate insomnia.

No exercise, beyond the fight or flight panic attacks I had when husband trimmed my fringe for me.

B: yogurt and the last walnut in the bag
    L: sardines and leftover veggies from last night
    D: roast silverside, parsnips, beetroot, butternut squash and two glasses of petit verdot - yay the case arrived

will waggle weights later. Gorgeous, glorious weather today - everyone was wreathed in smiles at work. That is until the incoming head honcho, who takes office in November, decided to drop in to snoop and prod. Genius project went to press and I babysat coworker A's workload. Skinny trews are ever-so-slightly loose at the waistband.

NEW CHAIR ARRIVED AND IS PLUSHER THAN A PLUSH BADGER. According to her label, her name is Chelsea Poppy and oh my she is very well upholstered. I reclined with pleasure, satisfaction and a few little mewls of gratification. And then I invited coworker C to inspect her charms.

ezk
    ezk is offline Member
    Ahh, I just checked your answer. Traveling and connexion are often non compatible for me..
    Yep, I think I did sound like a food nazi or one of the folks that likes the food in their dishes clean and
    arranged. It is not the case. I love food rather passionately, been trough a slight ED in my 20
    and I am far from the idea that ketosis is god and IF is a global solution. But it works and
    that is a wonderful thing to say in a world where nothing really works the way it should..
    And I am tired of all man folk singing hallelujah and loosing fat(while eating ad libitum)
    while we (woman folk) are glaring outside the Paleo heaven and talking calorie counting..again.
    If it is to count and live in the 1200 to 1500 concentration camp ratios
    I would rather eat the bread.
    As for what Paleobird says, I think I had look at her posts once and retained something we all
    tend to forget which is to eat a lots, really a lots of fat, not much of the rest. For loosing weight.
    It is what I do actually.
    And by the way, your writing is good. Smart , tough and funny. Your bath post is wildly hilarious.
    Ever thought of writing something?

Quote Originally Posted by ezk View Post
    And by the way, your writing is good. Smart , tough and funny. Your bath post is wildly hilarious.
    Ever thought of writing something?
    Thank you. I *think* of writing something daily, but then I write letters, emails, this journal, in theory a blog...somehow I manage to write plenty without ever getting to the Great Badger Novel that will change the world with its literary magnificence.

Well, wasn't today a day of spinning wheels?
    L: roast veggie soup (parsnip, beetroot, butternut)
    D: tuna, sour cream, beef - yep, really balanced

Today was 24 and gorgeous so I pulled out a summer dress I've never worn before: a black cotton broderie anglaise wrapover shirtdress. I looked stunning, y'all. Unfortunately, I hadn't quite thought it through - halfway up Collins St this morning (one of the busiest streets in central Melbourne) I realised I probably should have put a slip on under the dress. Yep, sorry Melburnians, I didn't realise my bottom was playing peekaboo until it was too late to remedy my undergarment decision-making process.

Hormones - stress and otherwise - continue to play merry hell with my thinking. Hormones are fuckers.

The Want Bone
    The tongue of the waves tolled in the earth's bell.
    Blue rippled and soaked in the fire of blue.
    The dried mouthbones of a shark in the hot swale
    Gaped on nothing but sand on either side.
    The bone tasted of nothing and smelled of nothing,
    A scalded toothless harp, uncrushed, unstrung.
    The joined arcs made the shape of birth and craving
    And the welded-open shape kept mouthing O.
    Ossified cords held the corners together
    In groined spirals pleated like a summer dress.
    But where was the limber grin, the gash of pleasure?
    Infinitesimal mouths bore it away,
    The beach scrubbed and etched and pickled it clean.
    But O I love you it sings, my little my country
    My food my parent my child I want you my own
    my flower my fin my life my lightness my O.
    Robert Pinsky

ezk
    ezk is offline Member
    Thank you. I *think* of writing something daily, but then I write letters, emails, this journal, in theory a blog...somehow I manage to write plenty without ever getting to the Great Badger Novel that will change the world with its literary magnificence.

uhh.. i know the problem..
    It has to be unbelievably amazingly good and stun all critics
    to the point of tears..
    But it has to start somehow
    and starts (the fruitful starts) are seldom sexy.. they have a
    tendency to be rather on the clumsy side, overdone and uncontrollable.

Try to write 2 or 3 page par day, every morning. No matter what.
    It can be " dunno what to write" till you end the page.
    It had a benign effect on my work.

Quote Originally Posted by ezk View Post

Try to write 2 or 3 page par day, every morning. No matter what.
    It can be " dunno what to write" till you end the page.
    It had a benign effect on my work.
    Ah, the Dorothea Brande method - yes, it works. But I have no space or, rather, I devote my creativity to other (less threatening) things. And the last time I was excited by the Great Badger Novel was the day I took off work and to spend thinking and planning. When I got home, late in the day, I checked my email and discovered that, while I was getting off on my own creativity, my father had suffered a major stroke and was unlikely to fully recover. Somehow the Great Badger Novel turned to ashes in my grief. I'll get back to it, but not yet.

L: 1/2 bottle of Shiraz
    D: sausages, broc, carrots

Also, this is on repeat in my internal soundtrack I think I might love Jenny Owen Youngs

Exercise: walked for an hour and a half. Brain did plenty of hamster wheeling too - surely that counts?
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-05-2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: html fail

L: salad and sardines
    D: slow-cooked shin of beef with beets and carrots (tasty, but watery - what does husband do to food?)

There will be weights.

Small boy: mummy?
    Me: yes, small boy?
    Small boy: I only want to wear lipstick at the weekend.
    Me: Okay then!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Parenting fail story of absolute horror
    Small boy likes to have a parent in his bath. When it's his dad the two of them sit and read a book at opposite ends. But not when it's me, oh no, then it's hands and cuddles and oh, look, mummy's breasts!
    So, his head was on my chest and he was hugging me...
    "Mummy! My bits are all hairy"
    "Really? Small boy?" [slowly processing this information with a pit of doom feeling]
    "Mummy...[giggles] my bits are in your bits!"
    I thought child protective services were about to sail in through the window, frankly. I only *hope* he never tells the grown ups at kinder
    "Oh! Yuck, small boy! [forced laughter] I don't want your bits.

I told husband in hushed tones what had happened. He said: we. will. never. speak. of. this. again.

I sit on it for 24 hours and then tell coworker A. Then, now, I post it on the internet.

His therapy bill is going to be huge, isn't it? *sigh*
    I was witness to a situation once... some moons ago, I was over a friend's house for the night. She is married, and her daughter was an older toddler/very young child then. So - morning arrives, people are dressing, showering, stuff. Daughter walks up to her daddy (who has only underwear and a shirt on at this point) and gets totally mesmerized at the bulge in his underwear. (The normal, "resting" bulge - not the other one.) Well, the bulge was right at her eye level, you know, so I kind of understand. Toddler daughter then proceeds to poke at this interesting bulge - repeatedly. The husband just stood there like he was having a stroke. Finally he calls for his wife, who can barely contain gales of laughter, and distracts the darling so she stops poking.

When wife later asked the husband why he couldn't help himself out, he said he was totally stuck between two thoughts: 1. if he makes her stop, she will grow up to be "inhibited" and 2. if he doesn't make her stop, child protective services will find out and take it the wrong way. Evidently he couldn't decide which was worse.

Page 7 of 317 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast