Page 67 of 295 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 2943

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 67

  1. #661
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,009
    Primal Fuel
    Interesting worm that, where did that come from?! Had to look up YERF, none of that roun' here thanks!

    Marmots need a regular airing.....

    That dinner looks like the trifecta of meals, steak, eggs and bacon in one meal, get out of town!

    And the worlds a better place with the badger happy!

  2. #662
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,938
    Soiree was fabbo. I only wish we could have stayed longer and seen the fencing exhibition (with swords, not planks of wood and barbed wire). *That's* why we pay those huge school fees...the kids were amazing, not just ours, all of them and they displayed such happy confidence. While things were being moved around before the next act came on one of the teachers asked a boy - he was ten or so - to read us jokes from a joke book, which he did, off the cuff and he was confident enough to make them funny. Totally unrehearsed. Props to him. We didn't stay for the more advanced stuff, but we got to see the grade 2s do both music (they sang Waltzing Matilda with school-specific lyrics) and dance (they were chess pieces on a board).

    Small boy was a bear in a toyshop who came to life at night for his dance. The preps sang a song - AND PLAYED INSTRUMENTS to a song that explained the notes. The grade 1s did Peter and the Wolf, which was brilliant, as their dance. Then for their song they did banana phone, complete with bananas.

    GENIUS.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

  3. #663
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Interesting worm that, where did that come from?! Had to look up YERF, none of that roun' here thanks!

    Marmots need a regular airing.....

    That dinner looks like the trifecta of meals, steak, eggs and bacon in one meal, get out of town!

    And the worlds a better place with the badger happy!
    I often say 'yiff-yiff' when hugging husband, but so far he remains unconvinced about the wonders of furries.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

  4. #664
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,938
    I'm here! Small boy had *the* worst attack of croup ever on the ferry - after 24 hours' flying and then train-tube-train. It was terrifying and lasted for over an hour. He was screaming on the ferry that he was going to die and couldn't breathe. Fabulous. We had people staring at us and tutting. A crew member asked me to get him to keep it down. Boy, did I lose it with him.

    My dad is both better and worse than expected - haven't seen him in person since he had a very severe stroke - and mum has also aged some since our last visit. It's hard watching them diminish.

    Anyway. Eating has gone to hell and exercise has increased - I carried small boy up the cliff path on my shoulders this morning and we're off to look at a castle shortly.

    Normal service will resume in two and a half weeks.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

  5. #665
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,730
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I'm here! Small boy had *the* worst attack of croup ever on the ferry - after 24 hours' flying and then train-tube-train. It was terrifying and lasted for over an hour. He was screaming on the ferry that he was going to die and couldn't breathe. Fabulous. We had people staring at us and tutting. A crew member asked me to get him to keep it down. Boy, did I lose it with him.

    My dad is both better and worse than expected - haven't seen him in person since he had a very severe stroke - and mum has also aged some since our last visit. It's hard watching them diminish.

    Anyway. Eating has gone to hell and exercise has increased - I carried small boy up the cliff path on my shoulders this morning and we're off to look at a castle shortly.

    Normal service will resume in two and a half weeks.
    Glad to see that you have survived the trip and arrived relatively intact. Enjoy your stay, and looking forward to tales of adventure whence service returns to normal!

  6. #666
    Dhansakdave's Avatar
    Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    2,009
    ^ I'll echo what he said, have a good one!

    Wouldn't have minded being the ol' fly on the wall at the crewmans ear bashing!

  7. #667
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,938
    Went, solo, to visit various family graves. My maternal grandmother appears in two places: with her husband and brother in law and then, again, with her own brother. I remember standing by both spots, but for her I remember we were on the one at the outer edge: with her brother. Why?

    Grandmother thought husband's plot was for three (depth, not width). BiL was supposed to go in with his mother, but on the day the grave flooded, so...put him in with his brother, my grandfather.


    Several, many, years pass. Great uncle dies, gets his own - double (depth) plot. Several years later, my grandmother dies, but it is discovered that her husband's grave is only a double, not a treble as was thought. So, she gets stuck in with her brother and an honourable mention on her husband's grave.

    I paid my respects. I wonder who will get the spot with my great grandma. M&D want to be cremated...
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

  8. #668
    badgergirl's Avatar
    badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,938
    I'm back in Australia. More thoughts will follow - there's been a lot to unpack (literally and metaphorically).
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

  9. #669
    Crabbcakes's Avatar
    Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Appalachian Ohio
    Posts
    2,286
    Welcome back, badger! Can't wait to hear stories!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

  10. #670
    ssn679doc's Avatar
    ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,730
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I'm back in Australia. More thoughts will follow - there's been a lot to unpack (literally and metaphorically).
    Welcome back....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •