Page 65 of 295 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 65

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    We used to have Venetian blinds as I was growing up... Wow, what a pain in the ass to clean, and SO much surface area! I bet your bedroom looks and smells so different! Ours always did, even though both my parents can, did, and do, clean like pros. Their house smells only because they smoke and Dad constantly farts like a champ in their tiny place. Doesn't take much of that combo to impact the air quality...

While you were doing battle with the blinds, I have been in our office, ransacking and reorganizing and cleaning. I am still at it, as that room has wrap-around built-in bookshelves, and has been our catch-all room for an embarrassingly long time. I can rarely get in there as hubby works from that room M - F except for trips. And hubby and I don't exactly see eye to eye on a lot of things reorganizing, he being of the donate nothing/file nothing/organize nothing kind.

Mold on the dust?! Ewww! I have never experienced that. Heavy dust from city life, constant sand on the floors in NJ, but not that. Wow - Australia really is a special place. How many sleeps now, badger?
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Today I...
    Met my friends for coffee
    Bought half a cow and half a pork barrel (not sure what a pork barrel is, but what the hell)
    Cleaned the blinds in small boy's room and the living room (five blinds in total each the size of a door, but none as filthy as the two in our room).
    Packed for small boy and me.
    Cut the grass in the back garden, husband did the grass at the front (this is a good lesson: I divide the chore I want him to do in half; do fractionally more than half and husband willingly does the rest in my time frame instead of dragging his feet to do the whole chore).
    And lots of other things...
    B: yoghurt, coffee
    snack: orange, sultanas
    L: aubergine and feta lasagna
    D: aubergine and feta lasagna; carrots; bottle of pinot (drunk over the course the afternoon)

I'm not really very bad looking, fertile, pay my own way, house trained... do you think someone else would have me? Sometimes I do wonder.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 06-16-2013 at 02:10 AM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Shoes arrived!

B: yoghurt (at 1.30am - damn you, pinot insomnia); orange and nuts (at 5am), coffee
    L: the feta and aubergine lasagna/beef moussaka
    D: thai red curry beef with broc, carrots, caspicum, celery and some nuts

Got so many chores still to do, but the flesh is weak. Feel like going straight to bed rather than cleaning the fridge. Perhaps I'll fold laundry instead. Four more sleeps.

We've got a parent-teacher meeting at school tomorrow afternoon, should be interesting. Thursday night is school soiree, where the children entertain the parents in a evening of music and dance (I think, I'm a bit hazy on the details, but small boy is dressing up and dancing to Peter and the Wolf). This week is going to fly by...and then we shall fly by.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Small boy is delightful, wonderful, intelligent, a joy...his teacher told us. Yay! We win at parenting
    Small boy got praise, kisses and cuddles and we read the final chapter of the Neverending Story at bedtime. Sometimes being a mum is the best thing ever. He *is* a good boy. (He also did a turd in his undies - the little fecker - every silver lining needs a cloud.)

B: yoghurt, nuts, coffee
    L: nearly finished the lasagna thingyamijig
    D: pork cooked in apple juice with leeks, onion, garlic, carrots and celery (I'd have used cider, but we had the juice on hand); broc; an orange

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like a good lad, you should have given yourself an extra smiley! (Don't worry about the odd brown mistake, my brother still does that and he's nearly fifty, ((especially after an indulgance or two))!

That dinner sounds absolutely lush again, is it morally right to cook with cider though?!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Small boy is delightful, wonderful, intelligent, a joy...his teacher told us. Yay! We win at parenting
    Small boy got praise, kisses and cuddles and we read the final chapter of the Neverending Story at bedtime. Sometimes being a mum is the best thing ever. He *is* a good boy. (He also did a turd in his undies - the little fecker - every silver lining needs a cloud.)

B: yoghurt, nuts, coffee
    L: nearly finished the lasagna thingyamijig
    D: pork cooked in apple juice with leeks, onion, garlic, carrots and celery (I'd have used cider, but we had the juice on hand); broc; an orange
    whats that saying?.... shit happens....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Sounds like a good lad, you should have given yourself an extra smiley! (Don't worry about the odd brown mistake, my brother still does that and he's nearly fifty, ((especially after an indulgance or two))!

That dinner sounds absolutely lush again, is it morally right to cook with cider though?!
    Cooking with cider is OK... it is a mortal sin to SPILL cider though..... straight to the seventh level on the Express slide

In my quiet moments, I often think up dream dinner party menus (I also spend huge amounts of time on the 'when I win the lottery' daydreams - le sigh - I've got as far as advertising for a permaculture farmer to run my smallholding and investing in a restaurant that the smallholding would supply all in Woodend, which is where Tom Dickins lives, I discovered co-incidentally yesterday, but I digress).

Anyway, I'd love to cook for all my primal buddies one day. I'd do a multi-course formal dinner......well, I suppose it depends on the season, but it's winter here and my thoughts turn to:
    Goose liver, cherry and brandy pate with crudites
    roast pork belly with fennel seeds and crackling and a bitter leaf salad with orange zest vinaigrette
    salmi of guinea fowl with roast chestnuts and bacon
    Roast forerib of beef (I warn you, I only do rare); butternut mash with spiced onions; roast beetroot with poppy seeds; salted brussels with garlic; honeyed parsnips and carrots
    Cardomon-infused coconut cream pannacotta with dark chocolate rose leaves and raspberry coulis

I expect I'd end up doing another couple of puddings, too.

Cheese board - I favour strong English farmhouse (from yarg to Stinking Bishop) and French soft cheeses, a few challenging blues.

Aperitifs, wines, brandy.

Back in the real world, it's steak of some kind tonight.

Dhansakdave is online now Senior Member
    Good day all!

Ye gods, I'd crawl over seven miles of broken glass to look at that platter, let alone eat it, the word 'salivate' ain't the word, dream away!

I'm a bit of a heathen though as I don't like cheese, but if you like soft French cheeses, my esteemed brother swears by this stuff Buy Epoisses de Bourgogne cheese at Pong, apparently it smells like dog shit, but once it gets passed your lips it's very nice, I take his word for it!

Enjoy your steak, it's what I got as well!

I have previous...food is notoriously difficult to photograph, but:

I like making blini - 100% buckwheat - too:
    Last edited by badgergirl; 06-19-2013 at 01:30 AM.