Page 57 of 293 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 57

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I went outside and pulled up grass, pruned a rose bush, lifted heavy concrete blocks and generally got stuff done. Then I came inside and ate roast beets, sausage and a lump of cheese. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday. Now, what shall I do next?
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma - who may I add NEVER DOES NAUGHTY - is being naughty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I *know* you and Blood Orchid have been making me laugh It's not nice to poke dumb animals with sticks, but just this once I'll forgive you both.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

thank you Badger - I don't usually stoop that low - but I am gobsmacked !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

As of today, I am reading The Neverending Story to the small boy. We have just got up to the bit where Bastian has made himself a nest of old gym mats in the school attic and is about to start reading the book.

This is the moment of motherhood I have been waiting for for 20-odd years. Now we get to the good books at bedtime; now the magic truly begins.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    As of today, I am reading The Neverending Story to the small boy. We have just got up to the bit where Bastian has made himself a nest of old gym mats in the school attic and is about to start reading the book.

This is the moment of motherhood I have been waiting for for 20-odd years. Now we get to the good books at bedtime; now the magic truly begins.
    YESSS!! We have such cool memories of reading at bedtime! And that is EXACTLY where I am with Fourth in the same book, but we are using unabridged audiotape in the car - it is one of the ways I use all that driving time we do.

The audiotape (cd set actually) is not that great, though - the narrator's voice, male and a Brit, is in this instance just way too damn soft/quiet or something, as we cannot really make out what he is saying, even though I have a new and quiet car, and no one is making any kind of fuss as we listen, and we are not traveling through noisy surrounds like city construction and stuff, just rural rolling hills, and we are CRANKING the otherwise perfectly powerful speakers. Harrumph - never had an audio cd do that before. I will need to switch to reading aloud, as Fourth thinks the book is boring because of it.

I am of the stated opinion the one is NEVER too old to be read to, or to read aloud. I have told my kids stories of long years in adult Sunday school class, where over half of the class couldn't read aloud well, and that astounded me. Some would add words, skip words, mispronounce stuff, disregard punctuation - everything. Ugh! I am no professional storyteller, but didn't their teachers make them read aloud way back in elementary school?!

My Second used to be pretty awful at reading aloud, and First suggested (more than once, and not nicely, either) way back then that Second should just not do it... Well, skip that! I made Second do it a LOT and now she is a good reader and pleasing to listen to. Hooray!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

I agree CC - best parent/child times..... and what a wonderful story Badger...............

...small steps....

I have volunteered to do story tonight - usually we alternate between kitchen duty and boy duty, tonight I'm on kitchen and husband is overseeing bath and teeth - but I'm reading for 20 minutes. JUST SO I DON'T MISS OUT ON ANY OF IT.

And then, after my dinner has settled, there will be a reckoning between me and Fitness 666, as recommended by Cori. I'm a little scared.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I have volunteered to do story tonight - usually we alternate between kitchen duty and boy duty, tonight I'm on kitchen and husband is overseeing bath and teeth - but I'm reading for 20 minutes. JUST SO I DON'T MISS OUT ON ANY OF IT.

And then, after my dinner has settled, there will be a reckoning between me and Fitness 666, as recommended by Cori. I'm a little scared.
    Take the chance while you can, he'll be reading to you before you know it, so enjoy it while you still can.

Face it head on and don't be worried, find your level and go for it, nothing to be scared of, had a look at it meself, looks so simple even I could follow it!!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Pssshhhh...
    Don't be scared.
    And don't feel like you have to conquer Rome the first day.
    It's about making progress, not starting at level 10!

I am the lowest of the low.
    And I make adjustments for my head issues.
    So, for instance, where he says once you complete lvl 1 you start on lvl 2 of say the squat progression and he want you to start with 6 lvl 2 then keep doing lvl 2's to failure.
    Sorry not me.
    My brain doesn't do physical exertion stress. It gets dizzy, makes my mouth feel weird, and kicks me out.
    So what I do is just A. do things slower, until I can meet the pace he wants, and B. when I go up a lvl I may do the first set or two at the upper level but then slow down and finish at the previous level.
    Yes... It will take me longer than anyone else on the planet to progress that way.
    Too bad.
    That's me working within my zone.
    And that's OK.

Also... Me and the handstand pushup progression may never get anywhere.
    Head down is bad ju-ju for me. But I try to do some of the the lvl 1 military presses a little in a safe padded area, and am considering some alternatives to that exercise other than just skipping it completely.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.