Page 55 of 404 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal page 55

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    I believe 'Troppo' is going insane, from spending too much time in the sun, 'gone tropical'.

And sook, (pronounced the same as look) is a crybaby, where it comes from, buggered if I know!
    Sook also rhymes with small boy's name. He's currently learning to read and write and he cheerfully tells us of all the words he can write: book, sook, look, cook, took...
    Shook and chook* are clearly the next stage.

*Aussie for chicken, Crabcakes.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

I think... I might return to my roots. I think I might.

Yes. Look what I found in the archive
    The badger is a giant of the weasel family. Those with this totem should study the weasel as well. The badger is grey, black and buff, with a white stripe from the nose to the back of its head. This in itself is very symbolic of how open it is, the keeper of much light and knowledge of other animals and the Earth.
    The badger may look fat, but it is muscular and powerful. Its outer skin is loose, so it is difficult for bites from other animals to injure it. Its own jaws are exceedingly strong. The jaws are symbols of powerful self expression. This ties the badger to the mysteries of the ‘word’ – particularly the magic of storytelling.
    I would ask you to remember only this one thing,” said Badger. “The stories people tell have a way of taking care of them. If stories come to you, care for them. And learn to give them away where they are needed. Sometimes a person needs a story more than food to stay alive. That is why we put these stories in each other’s memory. This is how people care for themselves.”
    The badger is a remarkable digger. Fast and quick, it can dig beneath surfaces rapidly…This ties badgers to all earth spirits and gnomes of lore. It also hints at the ability tosee beneath the surface of all things and people. It lives in an underground complex of burrows called “earths” [UK: setts]. It has several living chambers, along with latrine and storage chambers. These earths hint at the stories beneath the outer, the inner places and homes of the outer world.
    The badger is active both day and night. It is a carnivorous animal, living primarily on rodents such as rabbits…and squirrels and other underground dwellers…because of this it can be thought of as the keeper of the stories of other animals.
    It is basically an unsociable animal. It does not “relate” well to others – even its own kind. This might be why stories are its symbolic means of communication. It is often easier for those with badger medicine to relate through stories than have to do it directly.
    The young badgers, usually two or three, are born in May or June. The family always separates in the fall, when the young and the father move to find their own homes. Sometimes the father will help with raising the young, but as a whole badgers are loners and solitary. They are comfortable within themselves and very self-reliant. They can teach this or help those with this totem to teach it to others.
    [...]
    Because the badger is such a powerful digger it has knowledge of things beneath the earth. This includes minerals, roots and other plants and herbs. This also makes the badger a dynamic healer. Sometimes the badger is overly aggressive, but the technique is usually effective. Badger can teach the long-forgotten knowledge of roots and their mystical and healing powers.
    The badger is bold and ferocious, and it never surrenders. If a badger has come into your life you should do some examination. Are you or those around you digging deep enough? It may indicate a need to get beneath the surface. It may reflect a time of great connection to the earth and its animal spirits. It may be telling you to draw upon the stories that intrigued you and held you fast during childhood. They may be symbolic of things going on or about to go on in your current life. Whenever badger shows up, there will be opportunities to develop self-expression and reliance. It speaks of a time to begin a new story about your life.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 05-04-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

This is interesting to me:
    Meanwhile, in England, an environmental play project called Wild About Play asked children what they most wanted to do outdoors, and the answer was to collect and eat wild foods, to make fires and cook on them. This is the sign of independence demonstrated by children everywhere, controlling their own food and their own bodies. It seems that modern Euro-American children have two unusual food-related experiences: first, they don't have early autonomy with respect to food; and second, they do experience eating problems.
    Why parents should leave their kids alone | Life and style | The Guardian

Husband covered anxiety and eating disorders on his course this week. Hmmm.

I am still full of cold and grimness. No exercise and porridge. I think I'm going to say porridge is acceptable. I prefer it to eggs or yoghurt in the winter.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Badger - big hugs from one buggy girl to another
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

thanks for the hugs - we're going to be concocting our our superbug at this rate *cough, cough, cough*.

Anniversary

I have to count it on my fingers, but 24 (Christ, I'm old) years ago, on 10/05 I was hit by a car. I'd been bunking off school because - convoluted thinking involving all friends on class holiday at adventure camp (but badgers are not adventurous so stay home and next year you can go to France said parents*). Ran to the sweet shop. Misjudged oncoming traffic and momentarily discovered how to fly. And die.

There was a nurse one side of the road and a doctor the other. Luck of the bloody lucky, there. Someone from the sweet shop went to our house (it was next door). Brother rode in the ambulance with me (he was studying for his A levels at the time). Mum heard the ambulance go by, but she was in the vet's at that moment waiting for our dog, who had speared herself on a stick, to come out of emergency surgery.

Fun times.

Broken arm. Fractured skull. Borked eardrum. And resurrection, don't forget that bit.

* Trip to France was cancelled by the school just before it was my year's turn. I went to Israel a few years later, selling the resurrection-gift-keyboard (from my grandmother) to my mother to finance the adventure.

I suppose I am glad to have been given an extension.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Broken arm. Fractured skull. Borked eardrum. And resurrection, don't forget that bit.

I suppose I am glad to have been given an extension.
    There are some things that would never have happened had this not occured... Probly never would have met hublet... nor would you have had small boy.... nor moved to Rooland, and probably a billion other adventures that baders don't take that have occured...... or met all of your online friends..... Sometimes BIG things come in small packages.....
    From my perspective, I thinks you are blessed beyond measure....

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    There are some things that would never have happened had this not occured... Probly never would have met hublet... nor would you have had small boy.... nor moved to Rooland, and probably a billion other adventures that baders don't take that have occured...... or met all of your online friends..... Sometimes BIG things come in small packages.....
    From my perspective, I thinks you are blessed beyond measure....
    Ahh... but eff brain says: work. It's all just work and more work. Putting one foot in front of the other. And what is the point? Better to have died when you had the chance. More restful.

Never mind, play safe around traffic and keep on putting one foot in front of the other.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Ahh... but eff brain says: work. It's all just work and more work. Putting one foot in front of the other. And what is the point? Better to have died when you had the chance. More restful.

Never mind, play safe around traffic and keep on putting one foot in front of the other.
    Eff the brain... what do heart say?? Sometimes Logic aint all that good a thing....

And what of the ripples of that death? Woudn't hublets life be vastly different? And no small boy, ever....
    Last edited by ssn679doc; 05-09-2013 at 04:03 AM.